View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 12:43 AM   #11
renepotvin

Exclamation Re: stoned wahoo in Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckschultz15 View Post
That's interesting, I didn't know they made stretchy line for reels. I might have to look into that. I've just been toying with the idea of getting a bungee to tack onto the beginning of my float line.
The don't make stretchy line for reels. They have had us on dynema and spectra for two decades now.... All my reels had that stuff, not anymore, and I'm not going back unless they come up with stretchy spectra lol.

I switched to nylon because it stretches
nicely (depending on what you get) and still has enough strength. It is not 1/10 the strength of spectra, but I can hang off the ground from a single thread of 3 mm (number 36 for those who know).

I simply don't need 4000 pounds or sudden shock resistance. i can only hold about 200 (if I greatly exagerate my capacities) and if a fish can yank that line hard enough to break it, I'm not going to be able to hold it.

The bungee like quality of what I am using now got me the 50 pounds wahoo I got a few weeks ago. The 100 feet of line I had out felt like a giant elastic. That was my Eureka moment. Flame on.

Http://www.renepotvin.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/potvinr
Do subscribe, i'll subscribe back
renepotvin is offline   Reply With Quote