Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #31
J707
Registered User
 
J707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,493
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
OH, WTH, let's not rely upon SCIENCE and EXPERTS. Apparantly, you detractors are way more educated than any of these people above. Amazing.

What's even more amazing is the amount of intellectual bankruptcy being displayed here. Forget about all the evidence from genuine experts and attack Marcus' character.
You just don't seem to get it. For every 5 experts you dig up there are a hundred who will tell you that those 5 experts are crackpots, full of shit, or simply making some honest mistakes and critical errors in their analysis.

You can find a handful of "experts" and people with impressive credentials and letters after their names to agree with almost anything. You don't seem to be able to wrap your head around this fact. There are experts who say the earth is hollow, experts who say that the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot exist, experts who say all kinds of things.

You keep dodging it everytime I ask you, but look up the Disclosure Project and tell me if you think that all these experts are wrong about there being aliens walking around undetected, about the US government building flying saucers, about there being alien structures on the dark side of the moon, etc. I mean, how could they be wrong? They're SCIENTISTS AND EXPERTS!
J707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #32
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,412
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by J707 View Post
You just don't seem to get it. For every 5 experts you dig up there are a hundred who will tell you that those 5 experts are crackpots, full of shit, or simply making some honest mistakes and critical errors in their analysis.

You can find a handful of "experts" and people with impressive credentials and letters after their names to agree with almost anything. You don't seem to be able to wrap your head around this fact. There are experts who say the earth is hollow, experts who say that the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot exist, experts who say all kinds of things.
If you have some better qualified experts to testify to their findings, please do...or stop wasting our time with conjecture/MSM heresay type of stuff. I am a well qualified engineer that knows his way around the language of physics, EE, ME, etc...I'm quite able to discern between BS and real science.


Quote:
Originally Posted by J707 View Post
You keep dodging it everytime I ask you, but look up the Disclosure Project and tell me if you think that all these experts are wrong about there being aliens walking around undetected, about the US government building flying saucers, about there being alien structures on the dark side of the moon, etc. I mean, how could they be wrong? They're SCIENTISTS AND EXPERTS!
I really have no clue as to what you speak of but I guess I'm going to have to look into it when I find some free time. I'll get back to you...that's for sure.
It sounds like you have an affinity to the alien stuff. Honestly, I don't follow it. There's enough stuff to keep me occupied just with trying to keep up with the erosion of my freedoms and with taking care of those whom I care about for the future. Thinking about moving out of the country, or at least laying the ground work for it in order to make it easy, before the SHTF here.

Anyhow, if you're into the alien stuff, a smart friend of mine sent me something he ran across the other day. He's not into the alien stuff either but had this video making him ponder...and I as well. I'd be interested in hearing and informed educated opinion on it, if you have one...anyone?
Starchild Skull 2010 DNA Result - YouTube
...and before you start revving up your attack the messenger motor, keep in mind that this is the only evidence I've viewed except for some earlier proceeding debunking that wasn't technologically advanced to debunk the latest evidence. I thought you might be able to save me some time in research if you're up on the subject.
__________________
"The Truth Shall Set You Free, But First It Will Make You Miserable"

Last edited by Marcus; 04-24-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 31
Posts: 6,789
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by J707 View Post

You can find a handful of "experts" and people with impressive credentials and letters after their names to agree with almost anything.
you always think your sources are experts and so does Bill? What is the difference?:gun :
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #34
Prater
Steven
 
Prater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Andros Town, Fresh Creek, Bahamas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,135
Send a message via AIM to Prater Send a message via Yahoo to Prater
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Sorry Marcus, I never ran into the man...I was too busy taking care of things that needed to be done.

If he is such an expert on what happened then he would know that 17 bags of ANFO is not enough power since that was all the ANFO that was used in the blast. The other 7000 pounds of explosive material was a mix of Tovex, Nitromethane, and Ammonium Nitrate. the other explosives found where actually inert training devices. My buddy Steve's office actually stored fake explosives there for training purposes, they were scattered throughout the rubble along with Steve's secretary...he was part of a joint task force with the ATF.

If your man was a structural engineer then he would know to never trust a truss, or better yet that taking out the bottom support truss is all that is needed to take down a building.
Prater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #35
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,412
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prater View Post
If your man was a structural engineer then he would know to never trust a truss, or better yet that taking out the bottom support truss is all that is needed to take down a building.
My man?
Sounds like you need to read his report Prater. Apparently, he was there, reviewing all the debris and pictures of it as it was being quickly removed and put behind not fences whereby independent expert investigators couldn't access.
Although, quite a handful of top experts did manage to see enough evidence to form career breaking assertions/opinions. Why would anyone lay their career on the line if they didn't know if they were right or not? That's quite a stretch in logic given the credentials of the experts cited above.
__________________
"The Truth Shall Set You Free, But First It Will Make You Miserable"
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #36
Bill McIntyre
Registered User
 
Bill McIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Clemente, CA
Age: 75
Posts: 39,143
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I am a well qualified engineer that knows his way around the language of physics, EE, ME, etc...I'm quite able to discern between BS and real science.
That's hilarious. You are like Christians- you just have faith. In your case its not faith in Jesus or God, but its faith in any conspiracy theory.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #37
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,412
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

*Big belly laugh emanates from me*
__________________
"The Truth Shall Set You Free, But First It Will Make You Miserable"
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #38
Prater
Steven
 
Prater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Andros Town, Fresh Creek, Bahamas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,135
Send a message via AIM to Prater Send a message via Yahoo to Prater
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Your right about the debris moving quickly, we were looking for survivors. I dont need to read any more reports about pictures and theories. You tell me did he walk around with an x-ray or a taggant sample to find out what explosives were used or did he just guess based on the limited information he had at the time?

We thought it was a gasline explosion at first, a few months before this attack happened we had an underground 30 inch gasline blow in a remote area of north Oklahoma County. It took out a large area around the pipe but no loss of life. Seemed logical that it happened downtown. There were also secondary explosions after the main explosion, but they were vehicles that were on fire scattered around the building.
Prater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #39
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,412
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

He made an educated analysis based upon the structural damage and the bomb type.
It's all in the thorough ananlysis documented in the link I posted.
__________________
"The Truth Shall Set You Free, But First It Will Make You Miserable"
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #40
J707
Registered User
 
J707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,493
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If you have some better qualified experts to testify to their findings, please do...or stop wasting our time with conjecture/MSM heresay type of stuff. I am a well qualified engineer that knows his way around the language of physics, EE, ME, etc...I'm quite able to discern between BS and real science.
No, you aren't able to do that. If you were, you'd know why no one but kooks and halfwits take this stuff seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I really have no clue as to what you speak of but I guess I'm going to have to look into it when I find some free time. I'll get back to you...that's for sure.
It sounds like you have an affinity to the alien stuff. Honestly, I don't follow it.
No I don't. Try to keep up here: This is just one good example of an analogous (this means similar in all the important aspects) group of "professionals," and "experts" all swearing to some incredibly kooky and ridiculous shit.

I bring it up to confront you with an example of how you can find a group of experts who will support almost any idea, and why therefore no real skeptic will be particularly impressed when you can dig up a PhD or handful of "experts" who say that the OKC bombing or the 911 attacks were sinister government false flag plots, or that the earth is hollow, or that there are numerous alien species living among us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
There's enough stuff to keep me occupied just with trying to keep up with the erosion of my freedoms and with taking care of those whom I care about for the future. Thinking about moving out of the country, or at least laying the ground work for it in order to make it easy, before the SHTF here.
I know. You're far too busy posting loony stuff to look into one example of just how loony it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Anyhow, if you're into the alien stuff, a smart friend of mine sent me something he ran across the other day. He's not into the alien stuff either but had this video making him ponder...and I as well. I'd be interested in hearing and informed educated opinion on it, if you have one...anyone?
Starchild Skull 2010 DNA Result - YouTube

...and before you start revving up your attack the messenger motor, keep in mind that this is the only evidence I've viewed except for some earlier proceeding debunking that wasn't technologically advanced to debunk the latest evidence. I thought you might be able to save me some time in research if you're up on the subject.
You have some serious trouble with basic reading comprehension. I'm not "into the alien stuff," that was the point; nor am I into shapeshifting reptilian stuff, chemtrail stuff, Obama causing earthquakes stuff, or 9/11 conspiracy theory stuff. Serious skeptics know why these things are a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptuna View Post
you always think your sources are experts and so does Bill? What is the difference?
The difference is that some of them are wrong and some of them are right. A moderately intelligent person who really wants to know what the truth is will discern that part for themselves with reason and logic and by following the evidence where it leads, not just accept a conclusion in advance and set out to reassure themselves that the story they like best is true.
J707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #41
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,412
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

You have just proved how unintelligent you are or how intellectually bankrupt you are. It IS one or the other. I'm leaning towards the latter.
The people I quoted in that study as experts, are in fact, THE experts in the field. If you want to prove me wrong, let's have a discussion about that instead of this silly conjecture stuff.
Your alien website as an example of experts citing stuff is laughable. I've read their credentials and was very unimpressed. My initial impression is that they appear only to be interested in making money by preying upon people's ignorance. You know, the kind of alien crap that is shown on certain cable channels.
SO, what did you think about that Starchild video and the evidence??
__________________
"The Truth Shall Set You Free, But First It Will Make You Miserable"
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #42
J707
Registered User
 
J707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,493
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You have just proved how unintelligent you are or how intellectually bankrupt you are. It IS one or the other. I'm leaning towards the latter.
You really are quite a piece of work. You just paraphrased something Bill said to you not 24 hours ago.

Oh and "unintelligent" and "intellectually bankrupt" are essentially the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The people I quoted in that study as experts, are in fact, THE experts in the field. If you want to prove me wrong, let's have a discussion about that instead of this silly conjecture stuff.
They are "THE experts in the field," and yet no one takes them seriously on this matter. Imagine that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Your alien website as an example of experts citing stuff is laughable. I've read their credentials and was very unimpressed.
That's funny, because I'm very unimpressed with your credentials when it comes to the subject of aliens and the space program. Have you worked for NASA? Served in the Air Force? Been trusted with classified documents from the space program? Been to Area 51? How do you know they're wrong?

What are we just supposed to accept common sense, logic, and skepticism over all these people's credentials and degrees and work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
My initial impression is that they appear only to be interested in making money by preying upon people's ignorance.
Yes I'll bet they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
SO, what did you think about that Starchild video and the evidence??
I think that it's a human skull of a child who died from hydrocephalus or other birth defects...which is what the professional consensus is...which you'd know if you bothered to do about 30 seconds of fact checking into half the stuff you post in the P&R forum.
J707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #43
Aaron Proffitt+
Registered User
 
Aaron Proffitt+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 40
Posts: 3,572
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

I feel intellectually bankrupt because I can't do the multi-quote thing very well. I feel vexed by it.
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #44
Megabeast
Registered User
 
Megabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 35
Posts: 2,404
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt+ View Post
I feel intellectually bankrupt because I can't do the multi-quote thing very well. I feel vexed by it.
Me too
__________________
Spearfishing is underwater grocery shopping
Megabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #45
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,412
Re: Obama needs event ‘similar’ to OKC to ‘reconnect’ with voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by J707 View Post
I think that it's a human skull of a child who died from hydrocephalus or other birth defects...which is what the professional consensus is...which you'd know if you bothered to do about 30 seconds of fact checking into half the stuff you post in the P&R forum.
I actually did do 30 seconds of fact checking of which I guess was more productive than yours being that what you said what was thought BEFORE the new genome DNA testing was done. You sure are throwing out a lot of insults and not being right about anything.
__________________
"The Truth Shall Set You Free, But First It Will Make You Miserable"
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com