Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #16
Nix

Re: Make Spearboard Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
great idea but then it might not get as many clciks and cut down on the owners income. Face it the owner(s) of this board dont give a rats butt about anything or anybody but themselves and money.
bingo

Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #17
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Administration STEP UP please

I look forward to a public reply from the admins.

BWAAAAHAHAHAAAA! Good luck with that bro! This forum has to be the least administrated on planet earth! Never gonna happen.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #18
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Congrats OP! You forged a bitchy/whiny thread outside of the PnR section.

I hardly ever come on this site anymore due to it being a soaking platform for bitching and crying. Marcus is spot on with salad bar analogy. Pick what you want and forget about what you don’t. Seems like the most self proclaimed tolerant folks are the least tolerant when it comes to discussions or topics they don’t agree with or are not willing to ignore. Even a colorful “scuba divers are cheaters” thread would be more entertaining than this sort of dribble.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:31 AM   #19
kodama

Make Spearboard Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Congrats OP! You forged a bitchy/whiny thread outside of the PnR section.

I hardly ever come on this site anymore due to it being a soaking platform for bitching and crying. Marcus is spot on with salad bar analogy. Pick what you want and forget about what you don’t. Seems like the most self proclaimed tolerant folks are the least tolerant when it comes to discussions or topics they don’t agree with or are not willing to ignore. Even a colorful “scuba divers are cheaters” thread would be more entertaining than this sort of dribble.

Thank you for your contribution.

The essence of this tread is that many people would like to see that the focus of this board would return to spearfishing.
Even more important to note is that with almost all the posts regarding spearfishing the members are trying to HELP each other by sharing information and knowledge. Thereby CONTRIBUTING to the community as a whole.

There is a lack of such an intention in the P&O section. My question remains:
How would we liked to be perceived as a community by the rest of the world?

Make it great again! Bring the focus back to spearfishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:06 AM   #20
kingfisherflesh
Happy Huntin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsonov View Post
How about the Politics/Rel Forum not showing up on the "New Posts" list?
Vundebar

WISCONSIN SPEARGUN HUNTERS
kingfisherflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:08 AM   #21
kingfisherflesh
Happy Huntin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Thank you for your contribution.

The essence of this tread is that many people would like to see that the focus of this board would return to spearfishing.
Even more important to note is that with almost all the posts regarding spearfishing the members are trying to HELP each other by sharing information and knowledge. Thereby CONTRIBUTING to the community as a whole.

There is a lack of such an intention in the P&O section. My question remains:
How would we liked to be perceived as a community by the rest of the world?

Make it great again! Bring the focus back to spearfishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, again, this isn't about offense. It's about making this website be about spearfishing

WISCONSIN SPEARGUN HUNTERS
kingfisherflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #22
SEATUX

When I go to a salad bar I expect to see items I like and items I wont eat, but everything there is a food product.
What I don’t expect is someone in my face wanting to talk politics, or home schooling, or conspiracies etc. I came for the food!

When I come to a spear fishing site I expect to find discussion on spear fishing, some I am interested in, some I pass on. But again, all spear fishing related discussions. I am not interested in someone preaching there religion or conspiracy theories to me, ESPECIALLY when that someone doesn't even spear fish !

Wouldn't it be nice to have an ignore feature.
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #23
Birdman

Maybe Tony and his Florida crew can rename the website what it is now. Not spearboard but
"personal beliefs bullshit board".
I didn't join this shit show 7 years ago to learn about anything but spearfishing. Oh well.
As said before $$$$$$ talks. We are not the ones that are important to Tony.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #24
kmoose
Team Headhunter

I thought there was an ignore feature for members you didn’t want to see posts from?

I guess an ultimate solution would be to purchase this dying cow of a board, remove all members and topics deemed unwanted and listen to the crickets. Being nobody is being charged dues or memberships I find it funny there is any talk of how Tony should do this or that. This site is on full life support and if clicks are keeping it afloat, dumping the PnR section would literally be pulling the plug considering the new post counts on the rest of the site.

And in case anyone doesn’t realize it, the PnR section pulls clicks from search engines looking for popular targets like the ones going on in PnR generating thousands of clicks per day...... mostly from non-members who could care less about spearfish harvesting. This is why most all free join forums have and put up with them as they pay the bills for the site.

I guess we could find out how much Tony would have to get from each of us per month or annually to make this a “pure” spearfishing site. I think that would solve this issue as I can certainly live without the PnR section. Who’s in?
Old 03-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #25
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
I thought there was an ignore feature for members you didn’t want to see posts from?

I guess an ultimate solution would be to purchase this dying cow of a board, remove all members and topics deemed unwanted and listen to the crickets. Being nobody is being charged dues or memberships I find it funny there is any talk of how Tony should do this or that. This site is on full life support and if clicks are keeping it afloat, dumping the PnR section would literally be pulling the plug considering the new post counts on the rest of the site.

And in case anyone doesn’t realize it, the PnR section pulls clicks from search engines looking for popular targets like the ones going on in PnR generating thousands of clicks per day...... mostly from non-members who could care less about spearfish harvesting. This is why most all free join forums have and put up with them as they pay the bills for the site.

I guess we could find out how much Tony would have to get from each of us per month or annually to make this a “pure” spearfishing site. I think that would solve this issue as I can certainly live without the PnR section. Who’s in?
Exactly.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #26
ny_er

it just takes a little code adjustment

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...from-new-posts

Social media is killing forums pretty much anyway, which sucks but its what people want
Old 03-28-2018, 10:36 AM   #27
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_er View Post

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:35 PM   #28
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_er View Post

If this change was adopted, then people who are interested in new posts in the P&R forum could subscribe to that forum so that new posts show up on their user control panel page. It isn't quite the same, but it's not a bad middle ground.

A little deeper code tweak could allow per-user customization of the muted forums for the New Posts search, but that would require a lot more coding.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #29
Birdman

I imagine Tony makes money off this "dying board " you called it. That is the point. But coming to a spearfishing forum, you should be able to click on "new post" and get spearfishing posts only. That should be easy to do. To have members block all the people that are constantly posting non spearfishing topics is ridiculous to ask. Multiple other unrelated forums have it set up this way. They have a section for the bullshit, but it isn't thrown in your face when you do a simple new post search. I would imagine that a lack in actual spearfisherrman using this site will eventually not pay off. Tony ?? Care to answer?
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:02 PM   #30
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Brown View Post
If this change was adopted, then people who are interested in new posts in the P&R forum could subscribe to that forum so that new posts show up on their user control panel page. It isn't quite the same, but it's not a bad middle ground.

A little deeper code tweak could allow per-user customization of the muted forums for the New Posts search, but that would require a lot more coding.
. If someone is writing code it won’t be free. It is likely an add on configuration option that has already been written for the handful groups that would require not seeing the bell peppers on the salad bar. My only confusion is if you know there is nothing in that section you want to see or read, why open it? I mean it isn’t like the peppers are jumping on your plate? Maybe folks have notices sent to there phones and it shows all new replies but I only thought that was for thread subscriptions.