Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
bluebacore

Back in Indo hope to meet some new dive buddies

Just finishing up some work on the house in Java. Heading to Bali this week for a week or 2 to visit some friends and get a new surf board an hopefully do some diving. After that not sure where I will go. Maybe Sumbawa or south Sumatra but I'm open to go anywhere there's good surf or spearing. I would like to pick up a few things like some new reel line (gave my 60 meters of dyneema to a local friend last spring before leaving an forgot to by any in the states) Going to try to find some in Jakarta on my way through but if not can anyone recommend a shop in Bali? Thanks for your help. If anyone wants to go diving send me a message. I should be here for at least 3 or 4 months.
bluebacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
blueopium

Re: Back in Indo hope to meet some new dive buddies

Check out Andre's shop ( Andre Spearguns) . if he doesn't carry reel line, he will deffinitly know if and where its available on Bali. I believe his shop is in or near Denpasar. I remember passing it between the airport and Ubud.
blueopium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
bluebacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueopium View Post
Check out Andre's shop ( Andre Spearguns) . if he doesn't carry reel line, he will deffinitly know if and where its available on Bali. I believe his shop is in or near Denpasar. I remember passing it between the airport and Ubud.
Thanks I will look for it
Old 11-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
nilsonov

check kitesurfing shops. kite lines are made of the same stuff
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
Behslayer

Check in with Dre, 08123811414 or get in touch with jake@driftersurf.com or Drifter Surf Shop. They carry Riffe Gear. Or.. order online and have shipped.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #6
bluebacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Check in with Dre, 08123811414 or get in touch with jake@driftersurf.com or Drifter Surf Shop. They carry Riffe Gear. Or.. order online and have shipped.
Thanks Behslayer I was able to contact Dre. He does have 2mm dyneema in stock. On a another note do you have any of that memospec I read about on a different thread available? If so how much does 60 or 90 meters cost? My experience with dyneema/spectra Is its great until it gets a little abrasion then breaks fairly easily and it does not last long around the sharp coral. Not sure its much better than mono in this case.

Thank you also Nilsonov did contact a kite shop but the kite line is much more expensive.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
Behslayer

I'm over here in USA. So I'm not much help. Go by Dre's, he'll have what you need. say hello to the boys, Nyaril, Adie, and Dre's Brother.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
bluebacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
I'm over here in USA. So I'm not much help. Go by Dre's, he'll have what you need. say hello to the boys, Nyaril, Adie, and Dre's Brother.
ok will do thanks again for the info
Old 11-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #9
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebacore View Post
Thanks Behslayer I was able to contact Dre. He does have 2mm dyneema in stock. On a another note do you have any of that memospec I read about on a different thread available? If so how much does 60 or 90 meters cost? My experience with dyneema/spectra Is its great until it gets a little abrasion then breaks fairly easily and it does not last long around the sharp coral. Not sure its much better than mono in this case.

Thank you also Nilsonov did contact a kite shop but the kite line is much more expensive.
Have been on Pacific reefs and coral for MANY years now. Shot big GTs, Dogtooth, grouper and a miriad of other reef fishes. Have never changed reel line on some of my reels. Ive had it on there for years. If a portion frays just cut it out.dont worry
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #10
bluebacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
Have been on Pacific reefs and coral for MANY years now. Shot big GTs, Dogtooth, grouper and a miriad of other reef fishes. Have never changed reel line on some of my reels. Ive had it on there for years. If a portion frays just cut it out.dont worry
Thanx for that. What you suggested is what I do. Think I will stick with the mono for my reef gun Momoi's hi catch is most abrasive resistant mono I've found the super xtra hard leader is very tough stuff and it consistently has a higher breaking strength than they advertise. I will put the dyneema on my open water gun.

Last edited by bluebacore; 11-20-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #11
Alboy
Killer on the run

Send a message via Yahoo to Alboy

Drop me a msg if u need any help in jkt, iam in the north jkt

Last edited by Alboy; 11-28-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Alboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #12
AlexK

Hi,
if you are still there, try this http://balispearfishing.com/
AlexK is offline   Reply With Quote