Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 01-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #1
Shootin&Reelin
Movember

Don’t Buy RTIC Coolers

Short Story:

If you are in the market for a new cooler, don’t buy a RTIC Cooler.

Long Story:

I debated Internally if I was going to share my experience, but after opening the product, I feel it is a must.

On December 20th on a whim, I purchased a RTIC 110. There marketing campaign said “In time for Christmas Delivery.”

One of the main reasons for dropping the hammer and making the purchase was that I was about to depart on a 10 day road trip to Baja on the 27th.

I thought that the cooler would arrive in time even if it was a day two late.

When I made purchase, got tracking that it would arrive on the 23rd.

On day of 23rd I called RTIC as the tracking did not get updated, still said label was generated and would still arrive on the 23rd. They said that cooler was in route and nothing else.

At 6:50 pm on 23rd was the first scan and the delivery would not be till the 27th.

Over the next 6 days a series of emails exchanged where they took no ownership or accountability and made no steps to rectify or resolve the issue.

There customer service is horrendous. It was obvious that they had no interest in respecting their customers or fulfilling their marketing promises.

What really made me voice my experience was that even though their service is crap, i thought the product could offset this with quality at a reasonable cost. This was not the case.

When the product arrived, I was removing the stickers, and low and behold, they covered a gouge in cooler with a sticker. No way that gouge happened during shipping as sticker was not damaged. Cooler also had some other nicks, but that may have happens during shipping.

It is shocking to me that RTIC would cover blemishes, defects and gouges with stickers. This is supposed to be a premium product.

For my trip I borrowed a newer IGLOO 110. It did great holding ice and stuff cold on my trip.

If you are in market for new cooler don’t buy an RTIC Cooler. Depending on budget and need either go with an igloo, YETI, Orca or Pelican.

I am going to unfollow RTIC and let all my friends know about this crappy experience.

#RTICCoolers #Rticoutdoors
#YetiCoolers #ORCACoolers #IglooCoolers #PelicanCoolers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B184557-44D9-4FBA-ADC6-85D5B5C3142F.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	244781  
Shootin&Reelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
Timinator

Re: Don’t Buy RTIC Coolers

Call your Credit Card company too.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
surforfish
Ocho Loko

Send a message via AIM to surforfish

RTIC is in the land of the knock off the best and sell it for cheap. That being said, ive got 4 RTIC coolers and only 1 delivered late. When it did, customer service was able to give me a 10 or 15% discount. So maybe you received a bad customer service agent?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
Canyon

I have a ton of RTIC coolers/tumblers/products...ect. All great and I highly recommend over Yeti.

Looks like you got the holiday shaft, however.
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:37 PM   #5
Bob Ballew

...I buy Pelican brand...heavy duty...made in the USA...purchased locally to support local businesses...it has an extended rubber collar top seal inside with a raised ridge on the bottom that always seals 100 percent, even if the lid gets bent...local purchases save a lot of time vs. online issues and costly returns if something goes wrong...Two blocks of ice lasted 7 days at Catalina on one of my extended forays...it is a heavy cooler but, worth the weight considering the benefits...now, if I can convince my diving friends not to sit on the lid...
...Tip: If you buy at places like Costco for an Igloo, sort thru them to find one without a curve in the lid (a common issue)...otherwise, you may end up with a cooler that is half as efficient as it could be with proper selection………………………..errr, ordering only 5 days before Christmas might be the real issue..The shipping companies had issues this year....These days, if just your Christmas cards arrive in 5 days, you are doing well!

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 01-13-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #6
Narced_up

Upon happenstance I ended up with a YETI hopper for cheap Bc it came without the box and was blemished, - which I then proceeded to blow out the zipper by trying to cram too much ice and beers in.
I emailed Yeti hoping they might be able to fix it (I was expecting to pay for the repair, as I didn’t have a receipt or proof of purchase)
To my surprise they email me back that they would be sending me a brand new one (any model of the equivalent price). I choose a hard cooler this time, and a week later, I had a brand new Yeti Tundra 45. They even sent me a prepaid label to ship my broken Hopper with.

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised by their customer service, they didn't hassle me, question me or anything. I Just filled out a quick form online.

Of course they probably factor in the cost of 2 or 3 coolers into the price when you buy the first one
Narced_up is offline   Reply With Quote