Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
grey2112

Strikelines Charts

Anyone have any experience buying and using/checking out the charts and spots he sells?

https://strikelines.com/product-category/charts/
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
captadam123

Re: Strikelines Charts

looks cool, I would only do the middlegrounds one.
captadam123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
grey2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by captadam123 View Post
looks cool, I would only do the middlegrounds one.
I'd probably get the Tarpon one - vast majority of the stomping grounds I use and dive in. Lately it seems all my spots south of Tarpon are pretty dead. Way too many boaters, divers, and fishermen down there
Old 01-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #4
Watergator

One of my dive buddies in the panhandle bought a few this summer. We dove them and 3/4 were loaded with fish. Its definitely cheaper than the gas spent driving circles to find your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watergator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:57 PM   #5
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

Strikelines and CMOR show just how important having a side scan can be.Both are high quality products where they are available.
If bass fishermen can stitch together a mosaic of the area they've ran over using one it should be breeze for a diver.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #6
sharpshooter

Am sure that Dan and his Head Hunter Team have checked this out. Maybe, they can give a review.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #7
CatDiver

Would be curious how it works with the chartplotter. The CMOR ones are not compatible with Garmin at Garmin's choice. The Strikeline website has Garmin as an option. I would be surprised if you can have a Strikeline chart option with Garmin. Lowrance and Simrad I would assume so because they allow loading of other charts like Navionics. But who knows, maybe they figured something out with Garmin where the CMOR guys couldn't.
CatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #8
grey2112

Wondering if you get just the numbers OR if you get the numbers and the images recorded (side/down scan) of each number?
Old 01-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #9
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
Am sure that Dan and his Head Hunter Team have checked this out. Maybe, they can give a review.
Jose, I talked to Chad Morris of Cmor at last years Blue Wild event. Really really well done interesting product. I had no real desire to buy the MG package due to the fact that I've been diving out there 'since 1979 and really don't need any more MG spots.

Also, at this time at least the Cmor maps aren't compatible with garmin MSD's, and since I only use garmin equipment, it wasn't a good fit for me.

However, if you currently have or are willing to buy a system that supports the Cmor products then I wouldn't hesitate. It's a lot of bang for the buck and will absolutely improve your trips.

I had never heard of the Strikeline products before this thread and have no knowledge of them. I did give their site a quick look and it's def interesting. If Tony (100 days) has good things to say about it, then it's def a good product, and the price points good also.

Smart people realize they know very little.
Stupid people think they know everything.
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #10
sharpshooter

Dan, thanks for taking the time to check it out and respond. Looking forward to your amazing videos this spring and summer.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:44 PM   #11
grey2112

Just ordered two charts - very fast service and was IMPRESSED with the emails and cordiality of the owner. Time will tell but I'm excited to try these numbers out.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #12
sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey2112 View Post
Just ordered two charts - very fast service and was IMPRESSED with the emails and cordiality of the owner. Time will tell but I'm excited to try these numbers out.
You have a update? Just wondering if you loaded up the charts and checked some of the known wrecks coordinates vs. theirs. That's usually a decent indicator. Thru the years its been amazing how many different coordinates i've come across for the same wreck. Same with a wreck having several different names.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:58 PM   #13
grey2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
You have a update? Just wondering if you loaded up the charts and checked some of the known wrecks coordinates vs. theirs. That's usually a decent indicator. Thru the years its been amazing how many different coordinates i've come across for the same wreck. Same with a wreck having several different names.
I have uploaded and compared to my over 4000 numbers - the vast majority are nowhere near mine, or on top of or duplicating most of them. Can't wait to try them out.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #14
Watergator

I’m 99.9% sure that all of the numbers are compared to published locations. It’s possible that you will get one that you already have if you ran over it, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting one that was public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watergator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #15
sharpshooter

Thanks for the responses. One of these weeks Eric, you'll get a break in the cold fronts. Just remember, that Irma did some major sand shifts. After Irma, I went to a short ledge that use to be a foot and half tall in 58'. Saw hard bottom but not much relief even using zoom. When, I dove it. I hardly recognized it. About 80% of it had been filled in to the top.
Am sure some ledges will be like that. Then, there will be some new uncovered ledges. This spring/summer is going to be interesting.