Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Memorials and Condolences for Diver Passings

Memorials and Condolences for Diver Passings This forum is intended for Rest in Peace Threads where we as a community offer condolences and memorialize those diver who have passed away. Safety, Accidents and Incidents discussion has a separate forum.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
anthropisces

Karl Keller

Karl Keller

He charged. He charged no matter what he did, when he ate, when he drove, when he was making those pole spears, when he dove, fished and hunted and when he loved his friends.

He snored like he was operating a chainsaw

His dive shirt was my flag for my trip across the country and was on my front seat beside me the whole way out. He broke my truck down for four days right in his hometown in Louisiana on the way out to Washington state and made sure that I ate and saw everything about that place that I was ready to disregard. It is a paradise.

He communicated with us after he died. I don't know how something like that is possible, but it happened.

He used to call my boat the “Fruit Basket” (a cornucopia of fun or love or some such) and in spite of my insistence for a cooler name that name pretty much stuck

He cut bait right on my boat instead of using a cutting board and I when he did it I gave him that “dude!?!” look and my boat still has the knife marks on it (and they are the best part of the boat). That's how he rolled

except...

Once he didn’t like you…sorry but that was it. You who he didn't like were just as much a part of making him the guy he was and I think he had an affection for you too. He just needed you in a different way to express himself.

He’s the guy that would fly out of bed at any hour to tow your truck (he once towed both my truck and boat) or help you in any way that he could.

He insisted on putting stuff on my boat that I didn't want on there and I was forever cleaning it up and then he'd load it back up with junk (including a dried up duck foot for "luck")

He’d feed you from a position of lack and then feed you seconds. He'd offer you from what he had.

He looked after people even when they were mistreating him because he knew they were acting out of weakness (I can't understand this but who can know the ways of the angels?).

From what I hear from other people that loved him and were on the scene he was charging when he died.

Miss you Karl
Old 04-03-2018, 06:51 AM   #2
Red Tide

Re: Karl Keller

Cheers to Karl!!
Old 04-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

Sounds like a righteous man. Hold the memories dear.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #4
MeTo

What happened?
MeTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #5
Miamispear

Hey Tom,

Karl was indeed a great guy! Man did he snore loud.

A very giving guy who cared about his friends. My condolences to his family.

Thank you for being a great man Karl.

www.Palmbeachfreedivers.com
Miamispear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
Ryfish

Thanks Tom for posting this. Karl is missed and I think of him often and so do most of our friends. I especially will be thinking of him now Bahamas season and slaying fish with the spear he made. I know he wouldn’t want it any other way.

Miss you Karl you are a legend and will live on always in our hearts.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
JetBoy

Sounds like a worthy soul. My condolences for the loss of your friend.
JetBoy is offline   Reply With Quote