Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 07-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #31
Marco

Re: Setup for Pathos Laser Open Carbon

What about this one? Ready to kill fish

https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...92/137081415/p

Or this one, if you like carbon:

https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...95/137079261/p

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #32
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
What about this one? Ready to kill fish

https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...92/137081415/p

Or this one, if you like carbon:

https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...95/137079261/p
Interesting the latter comes with a "Ride of the Valkyries" soundtrack with a final guest appearance by Darth Vader.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:22 PM   #33
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
I just checked on Diveinn and they don't have the D1 guns on sale anymore.
You could then remove that handle with the SS trigger and maybe someone will buy it off you and then just get the Dangelo 1 handle with trigger for around $45 here
https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...astic/629623/p
It does seem that they are Pathos are phasing out all the guns with the older D1 handles … which is a shame as they are much better fitting on the hand and they don't have the trigger problem that is on the D2 handle.
Thanks for the heads-up on that D1 handle deal Majd! just picked up a couple [WITH the loading pad which Australian D1 stock dont have] for A$60 each incl shipping to Aust, bargain. One to use as-is for little single band 7mm pipegun i use for small reef fish, and two to mod the hell out of with full-size Ermes DR triggers
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:34 PM   #34
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
I also like the new Salvimar Pacific shafts with laser welded shark fins. They don't have cones but that should be easy to sort out.
and thanks for the heads-up on the Salvimar Pacific shafts too Majd
A$75 incl shipping to Aust for 17PH 8mm x 160cm with laser welded tabs. Was great to be able to see the production process on Salvimar's youtube channel. absolute bargain.
look forward to testing out flopper strength and bend-resistance on my daily driver

be awesome if Salvimar made em with tri-cut tip [as they do with their sandvik shafts] and doghouse
Old 07-28-2019, 03:43 AM   #35
LewyJFreediver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavachi View Post
and thanks for the heads-up on the Salvimar Pacific shafts too Majd
A$75 incl shipping to Aust for 17PH 8mm x 160cm with laser welded tabs. Was great to be able to see the production process on Salvimar's youtube channel. absolute bargain.
look forward to testing out flopper strength and bend-resistance on my daily driver

be awesome if Salvimar made em with tri-cut tip [as they do with their sandvik shafts] and doghouse
I'm guessing these will come with the flopper on the top of the shaft as seems to be the euro style? Will you bother to swap it over to bottom mounted ? Be interested to hear how they go !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
LewyJFreediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:06 AM   #36
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewyJFreediver View Post
I'm guessing these will come with the flopper on the top of the shaft as seems to be the euro style? Will you bother to swap it over to bottom mounted ? Be interested to hear how they go !
do they??? Scubastore to Australia to the islands.....should be able to find out in a few months time!
i doubt it as that would be going against the market norm. Euro or anywhere.
TBH I'd be stoked if they were 'hawaiian' a.k.a. top mounted. Been wanting to rig my guns that way for ages, get overhang down to 0 and bandstretch to 11 without having to dick around folding flopper under and onto the track when loading, but I keep baulking at grinding off those lovely factory-welded Hunt floppers which survive anything and everything.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:51 AM   #37
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
do they??? Scubastore to Australia to the islands.....should be able to find out in a few months time!
i doubt it as that would be going against the market norm. Euro or anywhere.
TBH I'd be stoked if they were 'hawaiian' a.k.a. top mounted. Been wanting to rig my guns that way for ages, get overhang down to 0 and bandstretch to 11 without having to dick around folding flopper under and onto the track when loading, but I keep baulking at grinding off those lovely factory-welded Hunt floppers which survive anything and everything.
anyone here got a Salvimar Pacific shaft can advise if flopper is mounted under or over? none of the images online show the whole shaft, so unable to tell.
thanks!
Old 07-30-2019, 01:22 AM   #38
popgun pete

Quote:
anyone here got a Salvimar Pacific shaft can advise if flopper is mounted under or over? none of the images online show the whole shaft, so unable to tell.
thanks!
Looks like the flopper is on the bottom https://www.planetdivestore.com/dive...roduct-details
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Salvimar Pacific shaft.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	243589  

Last edited by popgun pete; 07-30-2019 at 01:41 AM.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:30 AM   #39
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Looks like the flopper is on the bottom https://www.planetdivestore.com/dive...roduct-details
thanks Pete
Old 07-30-2019, 04:42 AM   #40
spearq8

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up on that D1 handle deal Majd! just picked up a couple [WITH the loading pad which Australian D1 stock dont have] for A$60 each incl shipping to Aust, bargain. One to use as-is for little single band 7mm pipegun i use for small reef fish, and two to mod the hell out of with full-size Ermes DR triggers
For a single band 7mm pipegun I wouldn't put in an ermessub DR trigger. Just use it as is with the plastic trigger. With the plastic trigger you can actually take it apart and there is one area where the plastic touches the trigger guard and hurts trigger pull and auto resetting. If you sand off the bottom of the finger trigger extension you can smooth it out so it doesn't touch and makes the trigger much better. With more powerful setups the Ermessub DR trigger is really a game changer and trigger pull is exactly like a normal DR trigger. There is two versions of the DR trigger for D1 … one uses a 4.8 mm roller and made from a laser cut 8mm shaft sear and the other is using a 5.9mm roller that is on a CNC cut sear. I would make sure that I got the CNC sear cut out of a 10mm block, with the much more robust 5.9mm roller. Mario only has 70 of the CNC sears so I would contact him as soon as possible to make sure I got one of those. Also ask for a sleeve on the Line Release as that makes auto reset much better. I do have video of how to adjust the plastic handle to allow for this trigger to be installed but haven't had time to put it together. I also have test footage of pool testing with it on a heavily pushed 120 pipe gun … very impressive!

As for the Salvimar shafts, they have 3 versions with laser welded fins. One is the Med version which is with smaller 2 laser welded shark fins and a recessed flopper (much weaker) and the Pacific which uses 3 larger sharkfins but with no recess on flopper. Both have flopper down. There is also a laser shaft … which seems similar to the Pacific but the shark fins seem to be laser cut from sheet metal rather than the others which are pretty cool looking MIM (metal injection molded) shark fins.

Last edited by spearq8; 07-30-2019 at 04:56 AM.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote