Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Habo

What would you choose?

SORRY NOT SPEARFISHING, BUT WOULD LIKE TO GET OPINIONS.

I am Taking a cruise mid Feb 2019 with the following 5 ports of call.
I can only choose one to dive, scuba, I have been certified for 30 years. ALL OPINIONS and/or tips ARE APPRECIATED.

BARBADOS
ST. MAARTEN
ST. KITTS
ST. LUCIA
OR
ST. THOMAS

Thanks,
HABO
Habo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #2
sharpshooter

Re: What would you choose?

I would do St. Kitts. Excellent diving there and not hammered like some of the other tourist spots. I can't believe. i'm the only one on here that has gone to these places and is responding.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
Shootinfish

I have been to all of the above on carnival at least twice, some several times. St. Lucia was my favorite dive. Of the places you are going my favorite s in order of best to least would be
St Lucia
St Maarten
St Kitts
Barbados
St Thomas
Old 01-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Habo

Thanks Sharpshooter,
Thanks Shootinfish. Did you do the Carnival excursion, or self arrangements?

I really appreciate the feedback, yes it is a cruise. I was actually leaning between those two, St. Kitts and St. Lucia, but put them all up for opinions. I am gonna have a tough time deciding because I promised the wife I would only dive 1 port of call.

PS I have not heard any great reports for St. Thomas. I also heard Barbados was not that great and not worth the prices they charge.
Habo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
Shootinfish

I used carnival the first time because if you book through carnival and you run late or something happens, they can't leave you. However, if you don't book through carnival and something happens that makes you late then carnival can and will leave you making it your responsibility to find your way back home with no refund for the rest of the cruise. That being said, the next time, I decided to roll the dice and book directly through a company instead of carnival. I saved almost 40% doing it this way. Not to mention, when I got to the boat, there were people from carnival in my group so if we were late I had no worries because carnival wouldn't leave them. They seriously payed almost double what I did for the exact same thing. Your pretty much buying wholesale rather than retail if you look at it that way. We have since then booked all of our excursions directly and not through carnival. (16 cruises) we can do 2 excursions for the price of 1. In your case, an example would be the first diving excursion I did was a 2 tank dive in St Lucia which I booked through carnival for like $160. Two years later, we hit that port again and did the same dive, same company but booked directly instead of through carnival. I payed around $95. I asked one of the people in the group on our boat who booked through carnival what they had payed and the said the same $160!! Lol they were pissed when I told them what I payed. We have NEVER booked directly and not had someone in the group from carnival so you don't really have to worry about getting left.