Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
charlie-in-thai

Thailand spearfishing

Are you holidaying in Thailand in the future or living in Southern Thailand and want to go spearing?

For more than 3 years, I've lived very close to the year-round warm, clear waters of the Andaman and I'm always looking for spearing buddies (I'm the only English-speaking one in this area, as far as I'm aware) or just someone who needs a local guide. I have a small, fast rib to go out to many local islands and reefs. I also have use of a bigger boat in the Phuket/Krabi/Trang areas for larger groups and off-shore hunting.

I DO NOT OPERATE A BUSINESS OR LOOK TO MAKE ANY PROFIT FROM VISITING SPEAROS - I MAKE MY LIVING BY OTHER MEANS. ALL TRIPS ARE ORGANISED ON A FRIENDLY BASIS WITH ALL COSTS SHARED EQUALLY AMONGST LIKE-MINDED SOULS, WHO ENJOY SOME DAYS OUT SPEARING AND MAYBE A BEER OR TWO AFTER.

Mod edit: (Per Charlie's request) Charlie is taking an indefinite break from taking spearos out. Onto other things.

Cheers for now,

Charlie

Last edited by zenspearo; 01-01-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: ammended
charlie-in-thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
jwhit88
March YT Madness

Send a message via AIM to jwhit88
Re: Thailand spearfishing

Wow! That sounds like some good times right there. What monthes is the spearing best in Thailand? Do you have some pictures of fish you've shot, I know nothing about the place..
jwhit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
syrespect

Good man right here. Thats how we do it here in Guam as well. Curious to see the reports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie-in-thai View Post
Are you holidaying in Thailand in the future or living in Southern Thailand and want to go spearing?

For more than 3 years, I've lived very close to the year-round warm, clear waters of the Andaman and I'm always looking for spearing buddies (I'm the only English-speaking one in this area, as far as I'm aware) or just someone who needs a local guide. I have a small, fast boat to go out to many local islands and superb fishing spots. I also have use of a bigger boat in the Phuket/Krabi/Trang areas for larger groups and off-shore hunting.

I DO NOT OPERATE A BUSINESS OR LOOK TO MAKE ANY PROFIT FROM VISITING SPEAROS - I MAKE MY LIVING BY OTHER MEANS. ALL TRIPS ARE ORGANISED ON A FRIENDLY BASIS WITH ALL COSTS SHARED EQUALLY AMONGST LIKE-MINDED SOULS, WHO ENJOY SOME DAYS OUT SPEARING AND MAYBE A BEER OR TWO AFTER.

Cheers for now,

Charlie

Last edited by zenspearo; 01-01-2010 at 12:10 AM.
syrespect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
RyanNienaber

now thats a genuine sort of spearo, just likes to share what we all love. good on you.
RyanNienaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
The Jewish Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNienaber View Post
now thats a genuine sort of spearo, just likes to share what we all love. good on you.
could we see some pics?
The Jewish Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
BreathlessSight

Im interested to see what you pull out of Krabi and phuket. When I was there in November we didnt see anything worth shooting.
BreathlessSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
DISKSKO

I plan on visiting Charlie soon...hopefully this fall. He was also one of the first to list on www.spearfisihgtravel.com (he has some nice pics there).

Happy shooting!
Ben.

www.spearfishingtravel.com

----------------------------------
Spots that are listed (or will be) on SpearfishingTravel.com: S. Africa, Madagascar, Morocco, Egypt - Thailand, Bali, Saipan, India - Australia, Coral Sea, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti - Mexico, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Panama, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Peru, Ecuador, Brasil...Hawaii, Florida, Luisiana, New Jersey, California, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, N.Carolina - Spain, Norway, Turkey.

Ben.
DISKSKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
jwhit88
March YT Madness

Send a message via AIM to jwhit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISKSKO View Post
I plan on visiting Charlie soon...hopefully this fall. He was also one of the first to list on www.spearfisihgtravel.com (he has some nice pics there).

Happy shooting!
Ben.
that link was wrong, thanks for the site though!

jwhit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
charlie-in-thai

Thanks guys for the feedback. As DISKSKO says, there are some of my pics on his site (subtle plug, dude, shame you typed it wrong):

Thanks Ryan and Syrespect for your kind comments. Hope to see you in the big blue sometime, gents.

Breathlesssight, where did you go when you were over here? Maybe you were in the wrong spots; good local knowledge and advice always helps.

Last edited by zenspearo; 01-01-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: missstakes!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #10
BreathlessSight

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie-in-thai View Post
Thanks guys for the feedback. As DISKSKO says, there are some of my pics on his site (subtle plug, dude, shame you typed it wrong):

Thanks Ryan and Syrespect for your kind comments. Hope to see you in the big blue sometime, gents.

Breathlesssight, where did you go when you were over here? Maybe you were in the wrong spots; good local knowledge and advice always helps.
I went with a few guys and one was Freedivingfool who is Thai. We dove Koh Lanta, phuket, and Koh Phiphi. We got a local to lend us a gun and take us out on his longtail while at phiphi. We hit a lot of different islands further out to sea. Never saw much game. I think we did see one 4kg grouper of somekind. I know there are some amazing fish cuz I have seen the photos from other people. I was just interested in seeing the real potential that place had.
The website is nice. I saw one familiar photo in the banner. Do you have the YO-257 wreck in thailand too? Just looking out for you...

Last edited by zenspearo; 01-01-2010 at 12:12 AM.
BreathlessSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
leopardseal

Send a message via Skype™ to leopardseal

I'm from austria and i would seek something what you mentoned.
I'm planning to make 3weeks holidays in september or oktober!
perhaps you have some information for me-
I'm full equiped omer and marea wetsuit 100cm rabitech railgun spear 140 cm6.5mm spear.
read you soon willi
Old 06-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
DISKSKO

haha. Note, spearfishing travel is Worldwide, not just Thailand.

Actually, I just booked a plane ticket to go stay with Charles for a week. So I will be putting up a report soon!

The dates are June 29 to July 5. Any spearo is welcome to join in!

=)
Ben.

----------------------------------
Spots that are listed (or will be) on SpearfishingTravel.com: S. Africa, Madagascar, Morocco, Egypt - Thailand, Bali, Saipan, India - Australia, Coral Sea, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti - Mexico, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Panama, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Peru, Ecuador, Brasil...Hawaii, Florida, Luisiana, New Jersey, California, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, N.Carolina - Spain, Norway, Turkey.

Ben.
DISKSKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
GeorgeNC

I will be in Phuket from March 12th to the 27th. Anyone still there who wants to go spearfishing?
GeorgeNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #14
charlie-in-thai

Hi George,
Yes, still around, mate. I received your email and will reply there
Cheers,
Charles
Old 02-08-2016, 09:05 PM   #15
Sebastianreub