Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 09-04-2020, 05:01 PM   #16
tommy7

Re: Notable shift in politeness on this site...

How can Bob hate John Hughes so much!?? John is a stand up guy. Could it be jealousy? Hahaha..... who came in here talking about good will and harmony!
Old 09-04-2020, 05:53 PM   #17
Bob Ballew

Tommy, some of you seem to have developed memory failure...A couple of guys started a smear campaign..I defended myself with some facts to clarify the inaccuracies contained in the personal attacks...the damage is done; not much more I can say...except this: if you poke a bear with a stick, expect to get bit back...Stand up guy or not, he needs to mind his own business and I will mind mine....What set me off were his above statements that the pot stirrers had departed, when he was the worst pot stirrer of all...I found that to be sheer hypocracy ....with that said, I will not make any more comments unless I am attacked...I try to post positive things on Spearboard...hope I can keep it that way....and, for the record, I don't "hate" John...I just think what he did was rather stupid...out

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 09-04-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:39 PM   #18
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
Tommy, some of you seem to have developed memory failure...A couple of guys started a smear campaign..I defended myself with some facts to clarify the inaccuracies contained in the personal attacks...the damage is done; not much more I can say...except this: if you poke a bear with a stick, expect to get bit back...Stand up guy or not, he needs to mind his own business and I will mind mine....with that said, I will not make any more comments unless I am attacked...I try to post positive things on Spearboard...hope I can keep it that way....and, for the record, I don't "hate" John...I just think what he did was rather stupid...out
Haha, poke this bear and you may get bit as well Bob. But the funny thing is, you tend to bite yourself. I don't even need to stoop to your level with the name calling etc.... All I seem to have to do is show up here and you go off the rails and destroy yourself

And again, I'll point out that it's you dragging my name out first. Not that I really need to, it's right there about 6 posts back for all the world to see. It's totally entertaining to watch you do this to yourself over and over.

In this thread of all threads, LOL pretty rich!

You mentioned in the other thread that somebody questioned your reports on that you may just stop posting and have less BS to deal with. To that I say please, please don't go away. It's way to fun watching you lose your mind and your integrity and most importantly, all our popcorn will go stale
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #19
Bob Ballew

Mr. Hughes, I am well supplied with popcorn...like Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along"?...as far as "losing my mind", ....in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king...
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #20
CaliDiverDan

Well, seems like my original post complimenting the new civility on this forum has tossed fuel on the fire. That was not my intention. How about everyone take a chill pill or 3?
CaliDiverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #21
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hughes View Post
Haha, poke this bear and you may get bit as well Bob. But the funny thing is, you tend to bite yourself. I don't even need to stoop to your level with the name calling etc.... All I seem to have to do is show up here and you go off the rails and destroy yourself

And again, I'll point out that it's you dragging my name out first. Not that I really need to, it's right there about 6 posts back for all the world to see. It's totally entertaining to watch you do this to yourself over and over.

In this thread of all threads, LOL pretty rich!

You mentioned in the other thread that somebody questioned your reports on that you may just stop posting and have less BS to deal with. To that I say please, please don't go away. It's way to fun watching you lose your mind and your integrity and most importantly, all our popcorn will go stale
Lord, I do miss the old Spearboard winter threads!!!!!!
Alex is right; the crossover of multiple inputs in FB took what was a pretty normal decline in direct forums, and pulled a pin on the grenade, tossed it down the halway, and closed the door behind it..........
Old 09-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #22
carrasco

I guess we are all responsible for the ugliness and I agree that it has become more civil and enjoyable to read the threads.

Bob, John, Bill and others including myself; most with a ton of knowledge and experience but also with huge egos when it comes to addressing each other.

For example, I miss Bill’s insight on this forum, but it is nicer without seeing him attacked or attacking. I will take a lesson and say nothing if not constructive.

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #23
Behslayer

Not sure about what's going on above and haven't read into it, but all in all Yes. I agree. There has been a Notable shift in Politeness.

Maybe it was the transition between Having Moderators and a Free for All where things naturally explored how far things could go. Certainly Tony's decision to stuff the Political and Religious topics into a dark corner of the a wet basement has greatly improved the site.

Also helps that everyone else has stopped expressing their ****ing wrong opinions. Oooops. My bad..
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #24
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Not sure about what's going on above and haven't read into it, but all in all Yes. I agree. There has been a Notable shift in Politeness.

Maybe it was the transition between Having Moderators and a Free for All where things naturally explored how far things could go. Certainly Tony's decision to stuff the Political and Religious topics into a dark corner of the a wet basement has greatly improved the site.

Also helps that everyone else has stopped expressing their ****ing wrong opinions. Oooops. My bad..
Yes, a lot has probably disappeared into that “basement”, once it was created I never went there. A shift in politeness can go either way, but best if egos are parked at the door before entering the site. Spread of information, useful tips and insights, problem solving and helpful solutions, pertaining to the circumstances described, is basically what we are here for. Unfortunately some senior people I know have never returned when name calling was allowed to stand in the bad old days and four letter words were thrown about with abandon.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #25
carrasco

Well,
To all who have reformed to civility and politeness and like minded new visitors, thank you and welcome.

Old 09-12-2020, 02:02 AM   #26
CaliDiverDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by behslayer View Post
not sure about what's going on above and haven't read into it, but all in all yes. I agree. There has been a notable shift in politeness.

Maybe it was the transition between having moderators and a free for all where things naturally explored how far things could go. Certainly tony's decision to stuff the political and religious topics into a dark corner of the a wet basement has greatly improved the site.

CaliDiverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #27
Lompoc Local
Errin

Did someone say the Board is getting too polite?

Should I re-enter the equation?

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:43 AM   #28
carrasco

Nope,
Just polite enough to enjoy without too much derailment.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:54 PM   #29
Lompoc Local
Errin

Mario you are just no fun these days!

Boo!

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:54 AM   #30
AJP
Reluctant User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompoc Local View Post
Did someone say the Board is getting too polite?

Should I re-enter the equation?
Show us what you got champ...
AJP is offline   Reply With Quote