Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #31
Behslayer

Re: Double Double Impaler Speargun Build

Quick question.

I don't understand something about this build to begin with.

72" Gun. you are freedive spearfishing for Tuna..with your gun which is neutrally ballasted.. You shoot off the 11/32" Shaft.. that shaft weighs almost 2lbs? Now your 72" gun is almost 2lbs underballasted. How are you supposed to maneuver that thing? It's going to be like swimming an actual Oar down 40' trying to catch up to a Tuna, and then steady off a kill shot? How the heck is that going to work? ugh....
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #32
UaVaj

bear in mind that. there is more than one way to fillet a fish. different folks with different stokes.

yes the buoyancy will changed after the first shaft leaves. however an oar with a second shaft ready to fly is better than watching the fish thrash without a second shot.
UaVaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #33
Castronova
The Conch Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Quick question.

I don't understand something about this build to begin with.

72" Gun. you are freedive spearfishing for Tuna..with your gun which is neutrally ballasted.. You shoot off the 11/32" Shaft.. that shaft weighs almost 2lbs? Now your 72" gun is almost 2lbs underballasted. How are you supposed to maneuver that thing? It's going to be like swimming an actual Oar down 40' trying to catch up to a Tuna, and then steady off a kill shot? How the heck is that going to work? ugh....
Jon,

You also forgot they are both on separate float lines and floats. That won't be a pain in the dick at all, to you and everyone else with you. It's so impractical it's unreal. Even if it were to a float and the other to a reel it sounds like a drowning hazard. I'm sure some things sound like good ideas on paper so I'm not totally trying to bash the guy but there is just no way anyone would use this in real spearfishing.

I would definitely take what seems like a PITA loss as a huge gain that the gun didn't get built if I were the OP.
Castronova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #34
UaVaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrispearo View Post
If impaler communicates as poorly as he does on spear board with customers, i could see the confusion. I can't make sense of anything he wrote
given this particular deal.

there is NOTHING to be confuse about. EVERYTHING from detailed specs, to due date, to cost, and etc. is type written on paper. and this contract formally signed by both parties. with state id.

if you back track the dates of posts on this thread. it will give you a general idea of the time line.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:20 PM   #35
Ryfish

What Castronova said. A double BW gun is so impractical. I can't believe the maker even agreed to make it for you. I'd say move on lesson learned cut your loses.

Take this from some one who has worked with builders to build big wooden custom BW guns for me. Building a big BW gun is a PIA and adouble besides being a dumb impractical gun would be real hard to build even for a very skilled builder.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #36
phil herranen

A big o/u is totally doable and are kind of fun to use when you allready have fish in the box and are just having fun .breakaway top shaft ,reel on the bottom shaft . It's fun to shoot one fish on the top shaft and let it run with the float then shoot a second on the reel when the school swings in close thinking you are unloaded

The problem here is

The price is way too low they should have been minimum 2k each
Time line is unrealistic
As soon as vag started changing the order he should have been fired as a customer, based on his post over the years I put him on the no go list years ago

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #37
UaVaj

thanks for the additional opinions regarding the practicality of a BW double gun.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #38
UaVaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
The problem here is

The price is way too low they should have been minimum 2k each
Time line is unrealistic
As soon as vag started changing the order he should have been fired as a customer, based on his post over the years I put him on the no go list years ago

thank you for your personal critique.

that does not change the FACT that the "final order build spec" was approved by the builder (impaler) and all details laid out onto a contract and signed by both parties. then $1225 and a riffe 120x changes hands.

at any given time or for any given reasons. if the builder chooses to not compete this order as in "fired the customer". simply refund the $1225 and return the riffe 120x. be done with it.

but to drag this out for 1/2 year with absolutely nothing to materialize. constitute theft by deception.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #39
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaVaj View Post
thank you for your personal critique.

that does not change the FACT that the "final order build spec" was approved by the builder (impaler) and all details laid out onto a contract and signed by both parties. then $1225 and a riffe 120x changes hands.

at any given time or for any given reasons. if the builder chooses to not compete this order as in "fired the customer". simply refund the $1225 and return the riffe 120x. be done with it.

but to drag this out for 1/2 year with absolutely nothing to materialize. constitute theft by deception.

He says he has one of the guns , but you refuse to take it , odds are if you take it to small claims court the judge will say take the gun you orderd, $225 refund over the cost of that gun and what you paid and return the riffe or a riffe of same quality. The same thing you are being offered right now by Jason .

Last edited by phil herranen; 05-12-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #40
UaVaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impaler Spearguns View Post
anytime you want to end this nonsense and just take the stuff you paid for plus the riffe and 150$ change- let me know
lets end this today.

1. completed impaler reef double gun ($1000 value)
2. riffe 120x gun ($500 value)
3. $225 cash

call me or post here with a date / time (how about this weekend) to pickup this partial order and put this matter to rest.

will request the mod to delete this thread once this is resolved. this experience was not pleasant.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #41
phil herranen

Quote:
lets end this today.

1. completed impaler reef double gun ($1000 value)
2. riffe 120x gun ($500 value)
3. $225 cash

call me or post here with a date / time (how about this weekend) to pickup this partial order and put this matter to rest.

will request the mod to delete this thread once this is resolved. this experience was not pleasant.
I think this would be the best solution at this point. When a deal goes sideways like this break even for everyone is the best outcome

Old 05-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #42
UaVaj

jason / impaler

still waiting for that response, to confirm that date/time, to pickup this partial order and, to end this matter.

since yesterday. left 2 voice mails, left 2 texts, left 1 email.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #43
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

wow
i just saw this thread the other day- since grouper season opened on may 1st - i have been commercial spearing every day.
haven't been back till now....

jon- thanks for being a mediator- that is what this situation needs - since it is just ridiculous in general.

phil- yep - you are right also- I should have ran from this in the beginning- but these guns were single shot guns at first and slowly morphed into double guns- I believe because he realized I wasn't going to charge hwat they were worth- so it was an effort to get as much as possible out of a deal without regards to the practicality of what was being built- I suspect that it would have turned into 3 shot guns at 85"long - if I wouldn't have stopped him.

I learned this the hard way that people can''t help but try to get over at every turn. I was educated about this because I priced my hybrids at one set price for up to 60" and one price for bigger.
every single person - upon hearing this would immediately vhange their order from 52"or 55"(original order) to 60"- even though 60"is pretty big for reef hunting and after receiving the guns - would not like them because they were wrong for the hunting they are doing- and then they sell them off and it makes my brand look bad.
Seemed to me that people need to be protected from their own greed for my brand AND their own purposes.
This guy falls squarely in this category.
I would spend all this time making guns that will 99% likely either sit on a shelf or get sold in two months.
These factors - plus the ballasting issues with a giant double gun like that made me drag ass on this project and eventually sour on the whole thing.

this guy loves to quote the gun specs on the receipt - yet verbal agreements are just as legally binding - and we had many verbal agreements that overlapped and changed over time and generally negated all the gun specs written on that paper anyway.

I am honoring the verbal agreements in addition to the written ones- this guy wants to go by the written stuff and ignore what was said.

all of this is silly to me - the guy tried to use the fear of going to small claims court to force me to build the second gun- he figured if he refused to accept gun #1 - then i would be forced to make gun 2.

xrisspearo- idk what you mean about not communicating- you don't know what I am talking about all the time? I have no idea what you mean.
I don't type well- so maybe ie - instead of ei - but it surprises me that you have no idea what I am talking about- huh
I don't actually go on sb much anymore- so if someone is trying to have a conversation with me through here- it would take months. I am a private person
That is why I no longer am taking custom gun orders- this way I am not obligated to deal with the endless phone calls and messages
I'm pretty sure - if i added up all the tools and bits - plus paid myself about 10$ an hour - I will have actually lost money building guns.

My new plans are to build guns ahead of time - then sell them.
I am getting my vacuum bag set up going and making some higher quality stuff that interests me. I will make cooler stuff- charge more for it- and be interested in this again.
right now - i just want to shoot my own gun at black groupers and leave the customer service to others.

ua- i will bring your double gun up to steel's house when i get around to it.
since you make too many threats for my tastes -(it is just TOO tempting to call your ridiculous bluff) I had already gotten used to the idea that this was not reconcilable without a judge- so i gotta get another spear for that gun- and since i am diving now - it might be a few days to a week atleast - (remember i don't live on mainland- all my stuff comes by mail)

I will start looking for a used riffe euro to replace the one you had and despite your bold faced lie about it not delaminating - I will make sure the replacement isnt coming apart and has a butt pad that isnt crumbling.
as soon as i find a suitable replacement - i will take that to steel's house as well.

oh yeah- jon - thanks for offering your stuff to this deal- but this guy neither needs or deserves it- besides it wouldn't placate him anyway
thanks though.

i owe out like 4 guns that i am finishing off now.- all of them are being assembled or coated as we speak.
( i even made an extra 55"- to sell to someone)
i am officially not taking orders from anyone unless i know you anymore.
If you are a former customer- i will build what you want also.
and any warranty work will always be fixed free (i can't even remember anyone NEEDING my warranty- but it still is being honored now and forever.

Last edited by Impaler Spearguns; 05-14-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Impaler Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:26 AM   #44
UaVaj

Quote:
anytime you want to end this nonsense and just take the stuff you paid for plus the riffe and 150$ change- let me know
Quote:
ua- i will bring your double gun up to steel's house when i get around to it.
since you make too many threats for my tastes -(it is just TOO tempting to call your ridiculous bluff) I had already gotten used to the idea that this was not reconcilable without a judge- so i gotta get another spear for that gun- and since i am diving now - it might be a few days to a week at least - (remember i don't live on mainland- all my stuff comes by mail)

I will start looking for a used riffe euro to replace the one you had and despite your bold faced lie about it not delaminating - I will make sure the replacement isnt coming apart and has a butt pad that isnt crumbling.
as soon as i find a suitable replacement - i will take that to steel's house as well.
Jason / Impaler

I am not here to air dirty laundry. so for the time being. at least show some courtesy.

for the sake of not airing dirty laundry. I have considered your "anytime" partial order resolution (which you failed to deliver today).

proven here again (see your quotes in bold above). fact is. you absolutely have neither the reef double gun (as you say) nor the riffe 120x gun (as you say) for deliver today.

this is just more stall tactics and more deceptions. thank you for further clarifying your true intentions.

this order is nearly 5 months over due. refund $1225 (which you can do today) and refund riffe 120x $500 value (which you can also do today).

clock is ticking. you truly have proven again, that you leave me with no choice, but to seek legal proceeding and seek criminal complaint.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #45
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

Quote:
Jason / Impaler

I am not here to air dirty laundry. so for the time being. at least show some courtesy.

for the sake of not airing dirty laundry. I have considered your "anytime" partial order resolution (which you failed to deliver today).

proven here again (see your quotes in bold above). fact is. you absolutely have neither the reef double gun (as you say) nor the riffe 120x gun (as you say) for deliver today.

this is just more stall tactics and more deceptions. thank you for further clarifying your true intentions.

this order is nearly 5 months over due. refund $1225 (which you can do today) and refund riffe 120x $500 value (which you can also do today).

clock is ticking. you truly have proven again, that you leave me with no choice, but to seek legal proceeding and seek criminal complaint.
not here to air dirty laundry?
why bring it here then?
you make misleading posts on here- basically lying about what is owed- claiming you made a 1725$ down payment when it was 1225$
so what IS dirty laundry then? you make up big lies and tell those?
I don't really see this getting any worse with the ammuniton you got.
anyone cans see you have a weak position tat you are being ripped off when you are refusing to accept the gun you had built for you.

now you won't take it this week - since you can't ge it today - despite living 8 hour round trip from here (without traffic)
i just said i need a spear- the gun is here and complete
obviously this just illustrates how impossible it is to please you.
you commissioned me to build you a very expensive and super rare
gun . I have it here for you and you won't accept it because (after threatening court etc.) you suddenly want to accept the gun - but only if I have it ready today? you are ridiculous man- get a grip.
I wager a bet this isn't your first time causing problems like this. In fact - you likely have a few wannabe law suits going right now don't you?
For me- you are a first. I have had pretty smooth sailing up till now. Annoyed some people by taking too long - but never really had any serious disputes or complaints - until you .
I'm not going to say how many guns I have built - (idk truthfully) - but i can say that you represent less than 1/4 of 1% of my customers so far.
basically - you are in a class all your own.

If only this wasn't a double gun - OR it wasn't oiled - I could sell the thing elsewhere .
the small gun that is complete is actually badass and I had the same one and it is awesome for scuba - it's the 72"gun that idk is a good idea-
this gun is great- you really should just take it.
it is exactly what you want - it was made just what you specified.
we can still fight about the other stuff - if it's conflict you crave
You should stop with the little fits and jst go get your gun.
I will bring it to big pine for you - so your drive won't be so long.
Just go to steel's house and get it whenever you come to your senses.
I'm going to leave it there very soon.
Your riffe will be soon to follow- and you can get that in a couple weeks
then you can STILL sue me for mental anguish or whatever- so your sick needs for conflict can get fulfilled there.
It will just be such a shame for this gun to sit on a shelf - while you pursue your fun in court.
just take the gun

one thing though - and I won't repeat this
one more time with the court threats and criminal stuff and I
WILL break off this negotiation for good.
We have gone in enough circles with that
You would have had this gun and likely been paid off and on your way by now - if you hadn't ceased all negotiations a month ago when you declared war the second time.
You just did it a third time- each time afterwards - you agree to take a payoff and then abruptly break off the negotiation over some minor detail.
Just like you did again yesterday.
You go from court/law - it's over /position - to ok pay me and back again - all in one day.
yet you are surprised when I figured negotiations were (in fact ) over and moved on and shot one of the spears from the gun.
fyi - i have bent 3 already since the first- so i needd it .
Had I known that your dramatic threat was just a minor lie - i would have saved it. Next time - I will know.
so - save the drama for your mama
I am taking this gun up to rockets house soon.
come and get it - you will like it - it's pretty badass actually-
despite having been made by a crook like me
here are some pics of the imaginary gun you didn't pay for already
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	may 14 2017 015.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	233419   Click image for larger version

Name:	may 14 2017 016.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	233420   Click image for larger version

Name:	may 14 2017 017.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	233421  

Last edited by Impaler Spearguns; 05-14-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Impaler Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote