Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Old 06-01-2017, 03:29 AM   #1
Otolithco

Philippines?

Long shot - Anyone have spearing experience in the Philippines? I will spend a couple weeks around Palawan then I have 2 weeks to kill. Any suggestions?
Otolithco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
vamforce

Re: Philippines?

Hey There is a long post about spearfishing in the Philippines under diving elsewhere:

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...=170276&page=5

Spearfishing pelagics and reef fish is possible but you have to dive to 18-20m and stay on the bottom for about 45-60sec minimum.
Gun: 130-140 with a float or a reel. Wetsuit 2mm as water usually in a range of 27-29C

I recommend Siquijor Island, which is 1hour by ferry from Dumaguete City and guys from ApnearGear, a local spearfishing club, can help you with a boat, locations, safety and even gears rental including a gun and weights.

However, in light of the last terrorist activities, related o Muslim insurgency in the south, there are currently restrictions in place on travelling with the firearms and all sharp objects. Currently, martial law is declared only in Mindanao, but after gunfire and explosions at the Manila Resort World Hotel next to the Manila International Airport T3 just a few hours ago, nobody knows if their president extends the martial law to the whole country.

So bottom line if you are still travelling to the country and want to spearfish, your best bet is to stay away from Mindanao, major cities, and rent a gun and a knife from a local club.

Good luck

Last edited by vamforce; 06-01-2017 at 04:23 PM.
vamforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #3
tambara1

Re: Philippines?

Thanks a lot vamforce.
So if i came in Philippines with my speargun,is possible i meet problem with custom ispection or with te police?
tambara1 is offline   Reply With Quote