Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 06-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
G MAN

postcard back to the Garden State

hey NJ/NY crew, and any other US divers. i was active on here a few years ago now, and fondly remember some good laughs, and the odd shitfight to keep things real haha. Also, and very sadly, do remember one real bad time when we lost Abacat NY fella, jeez he was good value, and super positive, and it seemed like he frothed on his diving.
Anyway, at the time, was great to check in, share a story, and communicate with divers from the old home state. Haven't been back to the US since '01. (Ole buddy D'ags is trying to fix that haha). An awesome thing/bonus is that thru this site, actually had a few crew lob up, and got 'em out for a dive! Anyway, hope all well over there for all the characters i remember from here. I'm still up to my same old routine, this past (but not finished!!) Mackeral season was work tho. Only had one glamour day on them, other days it was hard work for that one or two fish, didn't come easy. You get seasons like that. Couple recent photos attached if i can remember how it do it. Have a great Summer and Autumn over there guys! Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5200234.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	238318   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4260232.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	238319   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5200286.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	238320   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4260231.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	238321  
G MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #2
G MAN

Re: postcard back to the Garden State

also managed to get up to the Reef for the annual dive trip and got a small Doggie and Jobbie, along with some Macks, amongst the usual reef species. stay well bros
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P4170215.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	238322  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

GMAN! Nice Seems neither of us have been checking in here but good to see we are all still getting in the water. You in paradise and me scratching out some dirty water Seabass. hahaha Intaug still gettin it as well. Nice Macks,Job and Doggie!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1527.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	238493  

Last edited by TriggerNJ; 06-20-2018 at 12:28 PM.
TriggerNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #4
nilsonov

damn that's a monster seabass! 20"?
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
G MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerNJ View Post
GMAN! Nice Seems neither of us have been checking in here but good to see we are all still getting in the water. You in paradise and me scratching out some dirty water Seabass. hahaha Intaug still gettin it as well. Nice Macks,Job and Doggie!
Hey TriggerNJ ! what a great photo and fish. thanks for posting. Good to see you and Intaug having fun. Pass on to that Waveman character not to miss me his next visit! I'll send thru my details to you later, and get my cell number to Austin please bro. The Missus dis-connected the landline home phone, sick of telemarketing calls at dinner time.

Old Man Winter is here now. Got my cold weather balaclava on now haha... the humble old ski-mask. This late season mack was a gift fish the other week (easy score). They really thin out quick in numbers on their return to warmer waters, but their eating quality at this time of year is sensational due to high fat content in their flesh. When you get a white wax on the fillet knife and finger tips when cutting the sides off them, you know they're gonna be so good to chew. Can hope for some late big ones also. Not really looking forward to down shifting into Mulloway and crayfish (lobsters) for winter but. And the ever increasing (in numbers and size) White Pointers move back into Nth NSW for winter/spring. They've gotten into the real bad behaviour of chewing on the odd surfer the last couple of years around the home region, you might of heard. They can be a prick of a shark species sometimes.

Hope you blokes are well, enjoy the summer there man
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P6170297.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	238574  
Old 06-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #6
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

Nice Mack... Wouldn't mind trying them some day!

Will do. I seem to see Waveman on every decent swell I don't manage to miss. He doesn't seem to miss many himself. haha

I have heard even all the way over here of some of those attacks. I might pack it in for the white shark season if i was over there or at least slow down quite a bit. Scary stuff!

Been a good spring so far with good visibility but the dog days of heat are really setting in this week.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	238644  
Old 07-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #7
SJ_Spearo

Those are some awesome fish. Are you cooking the kings on the smoker? I've heard that's the best way to do it. Some day I'll make my way out there.
SJ_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #8
G MAN

hey Sj Spearo! i do like to smoke the good old Spanish Mackeral we get down here. Obviously very closely related to the 'King' Mackeral you guys get over there, in the Southern US states. Although I suspect much better eating quality with our fish (Spanish) down here, and a highly rated table fish. Can't go wrong with any style to eat, but smoking is great as well. welcome any time for a visit man, happy to take you spearfishing. 12 months diving down here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180725_180124186.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	238940