Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Old 07-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
Ron S

Buying used GoPro's?

Now that my Canon camera is on it's death bed I've been looking at inexpensive alternatives to replacing it. (SJ's, etc.) I took a look on Craig's list and there are a lot of used Go Pro's being sold. Most folks seem to be selling the 3's to buy the 4's and such.

Since I know very little about these cameras, (My sons both have the original Hero's, that I installed flat lenses on, and they work great.), I don't know if buying used is a safe bet or dicey?

Ron.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
missionmagnet

Re: Buying used GoPro's?

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=190121

This is a good deal in the Member Items, I would steer clear of Craigslist used items due to all the suspect activity, but most all the guys on here I have dealt with are stand up and follow through on what they say. That's my .02, I am no videographer by any means, but I love my Hero 4 Silver, often replicated never duplicated. There is a reason they are the best and easy to accommodate.
missionmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #3
Ron S

Re: Buying used GoPro's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionmagnet View Post
http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=190121

This is a good deal in the Member Items, I would steer clear of Craigslist used items due to all the suspect activity, but most all the guys on here I have dealt with are stand up and follow through on what they say. That's my .02, I am no videographer by any means, but I love my Hero 4 Silver, often replicated never duplicated. There is a reason they are the best and easy to accommodate.
After looking around a lot, I've realized that the later model, (Hero 3+ and 4's), have a very high resale value.

Right now I could get a brand new 3+ off Amazon for $270, or a 4 Silver at my local hardware store for $399. One of the deals I saw online was for a 3+ that included a spare battery and car charger for $279.

I don't know much of anything about these cameras, but the two original Hero's that my sons have take great pictures and video, even underwater. I think a Hero 3+ would be more than I'd ever need.

Wife got me excited when she said I should just buy a new camera and get all the stuff that comes with it, including a new camera warranty. Then she said that in her opinion, I don't need one at all until I take her to Hawaii again, which will be in about three years!
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote