Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Technical Spearfishing

Technical Spearfishing Technical Scuba diving is generally defined as going deeper than 130 feet. You must have the proper training for this extreme aspect of spearfishing.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #16
IyaDiver
Crazy for Dog Tooth Tuna

Re: Curious about Your Profiles

Guys,

I never even tried Nitrox, let alone Helium.
I limit my dive to 165 feet on air and 80AL.
My number 1 fear is over exertion, when that happens narcosis
gets to me faster. Water visibility and brightness is another important
factor for me if I want to go deep. I can get narced or I thought I got narced as shallow as 100 feet if water viz is less than 6 feet but will be fine at 165 feet is water viz is 60 feet or better.

One question for you guys.
Now my right eyes is not 20/20 anymore and I never use glasses
before. My right eyes is -1 and I think my left is +1. I forgot what the doctor said
and I still do not like to use the glasses made, which I actually need for reading or browsing like now.

Ever since my eyes not 20/20 anymore, I get dizzy fast when there are lots of
dirt/floating particles in the water while I am trying to focus on the deep blue looking for silhoutte of fishes. I don't use prescription lens for diving. I also get dizzy or I thought I am dizzy if I don't see the bottom or some sort of reference like my computer. This is annoying and degrading my diving performance.

Anyone of you experiencing similiar when going from 20/20 vision to less than perfect like me ?

Thanks
IYA
Old 05-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #17
Gradyman
Man on a Mission...

Re: Curious about Your Profiles

Quote:
Ever since my eyes not 20/20 anymore, I get dizzy fast when there are lots of
dirt/floating particles in the water while I am trying to focus on the deep blue
Try to use your gun & tip as a focal point when you get dizzy in the low vis or partical water. Relax and stop moving till you get focused.

Glad to see this part of the forum...I'm learning alot!

If you lose your wealth you've lost nothing, if you lose your health you've lost something, if you lose your integrity you've lost everything.

When there is nothing left but God,you find out that God is all you need.

Our thoughts become words...words become actions...actions become habits...habits become character and it becomes our destiny.
Gradyman is offline   Reply With Quote