Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
clavinr
That's a huge fish!

New England Weather

I took last week off to paint the house and do lots of diving...the house is still a lovely shade of primer and I only got half the diving I wanted to get in...

Scuba dive at Sandwich...shot a perfect azimuth from Horizon's resturant right the end of the breakwater at the end of the canal, just as I though to myself..."Self, you are a good navigator" the tide changed...I had to make my way along the rocks hand over hand. Now I know how it feels to be flushed down a toilet. I got hung up in some fishing line and had a PTDS (post traumatic dive syndrome) nightmare...I had my fiancee in a headlock and was pulling her hair out one at a time saying "hold still, you still have some fishing line in your hair" Got a nice lobster, and a bag of crabs. Overall a good dive.

Went spearfishing in Westport, competing with a dogfish for a fishing hole, I let him have it. (I thought about spearing it, but he seemed to be testy, acting unusual for a dogfish) Shot a nice fat tog...a good day.

Went spearfishing at Fort Adams in Newport. Rainy windy day. Visibility sucked. Didn't see anything worth shooting. Bo at let's go diving set me up with a nice weight belt. the day was not a total loss...

Scuba diving at Manomet point...got a bag'o crabs. Nice dive, vis was not to good. Played around at a few other beaches nothing fantastic. overall, beats working!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:40 PM   #2
Chauggie

Clav,
Head over to RI. Vis was 20 feet. There were lots of bass around, though most were small. This was a nice fat one, 36" and 23 LB.
Chauggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_3791.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	8853  
Chauggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
clavinr
That's a huge fish!

I'm not worthy!

I am not worthy King Neptune! Nice fish! I think I make to much noise and scare them off!

This weekend is shot, but I should be out soon! I bought a new speargun. Dying to get some!

Say Hi to Anne! (She can kick butt in the water!)