Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:14 PM   #16
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Because you cant drown a snapper....head

Cheese N Rice, you're so lucky to be found by a recreational boat. Gene, you found him? Cinnamon? What's that?
Thank God you had a wetsuit on. What was the water temp at the time? It had to be rather warm, but 5 hours?? I guess you were lost early in the day and the recreational boat saw you on there way in from a day of fishing?
The current was so strong that it carried you so far away from the boat that they couldn't find you? No whistle? Visual device? How long did they look for you? Inexperienced Cap't? IMO, if I was on the boat, I'd sit still and see which way the current was carrying me, then start looking down current.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #17
Capt.Gene

Actually one of my gal students spotted him. I have not talked to her.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #18
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Gene View Post
Actually one of my gal students spotted him. I have not talked to her.
Student? She was diving out past 32 miles? I know it's about 105' at 32 miles there. It sounds like they were coming in from deeper waters though. Yea, nothing wrong with that. I'm not insinuating anything. Just curious. I don't mean to imply some sort of false outrage. I'm pretty sure that I went out deeper than recreational limits shortly after getting my certification...probably just for the thrill of it. Just kind of strange for a woman. Was she a daring individual? Again, just curious...not trying to make a stink about anything.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”

Last edited by Marcus; 06-04-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #19
Snapperhead

Had bc squealer whistle, 4ft sausage, and oralwhistle. I blew, squealed, and waved but they didnt/couldn't see. I have over 400 logged dives. Shit happens. We all contemplate it, an unlucky few of us get to see exactly how we will react. It's horrible and I derive no pleasure from being a member of that club.
"I am a one-hundred-percent, made in Florida, dope-smugglin', spring-breakin', log-flumin', double-occupancy discount vacation. I'm a tall glass of orange juice and a day without sunshine. I'm the wind in your sails, the sun on your burn and the moon over Miami. I am the native."
-Serge Storms
Snapperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #20
Snapperhead

Cynnamin and crew saw my undersized sausage and came to investigate me for mahi.
"I am a one-hundred-percent, made in Florida, dope-smugglin', spring-breakin', log-flumin', double-occupancy discount vacation. I'm a tall glass of orange juice and a day without sunshine. I'm the wind in your sails, the sun on your burn and the moon over Miami. I am the native."
-Serge Storms
Old 06-05-2016, 07:05 AM   #21
Capt.Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Student? She was diving out past 32 miles? I know it's about 105' at 32 miles there. It sounds like they were coming in from deeper waters though. Yea, nothing wrong with that. I'm not insinuating anything. Just curious. I don't mean to imply some sort of false outrage. I'm pretty sure that I went out deeper than recreational limits shortly after getting my certification...probably just for the thrill of it. Just kind of strange for a woman. Was she a daring individual? Again, just curious...not trying to make a stink about anything.
I haven't taught in 15 years. She might have as many dives in her log book as you do.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:06 AM   #22
Capt.Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
Cynnamin and crew saw my undersized sausage and came to investigate me for mahi.
So did they cast plugs at you for a while before pulling you into the boat?
Old 06-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #23
Snapperhead

They should've lol. Had plenty of um around me.
-Serge Storms
Old 06-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #24
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
It's tricky to deploy your sausage while wetsuited up, but I'm glad you managed it.

I think this is an important safety takeaway for us all - if you're stranded and about to die, try waving your sausage. Don't worry if your sausage is small - even small ones can catch the eye of a SAR team.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #25
Snapperhead

Lmfao
-Serge Storms
Old 06-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #26
Snapperhead

I had my sausage fully erect when Cynnamin rescued me. As my nylon member flapped in the wind, I knew from their course correction they dug the vibes i was sending
-Serge Storms
Old 06-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #27
Marcus

Wow...lucky you had a sausage to wave around! I take it that the boat that passed you were a ways off? Damn lucky!.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #28
grey2112

Quote:
Wow...lucky you had a sausage to wave around! I take it that the boat that passed you were a ways off? Damn lucky!.
THIS is why I do not allow divers on my boat unless they have a SMB - the larger the better. Ask me how I know why this is important?
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #29
Marcus

I'll bite, even though I already know the answer...Why is this important?
Old 06-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #30
grey2112

Quote:
I'll bite, even though I already know the answer...Why is this important?
Because there have now been 3 people I have dove with who if they had not had one they would still be drifting.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote