Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Old 08-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
LutzSpearo

Moving to Houston

Whats shakin brothers. I'm moving from Tampa to Houston in a week. I'd like to try my hand at some rigs. I won't have a boat, but I can pitch in for fuel. Anyone want to show me around?

If you ever discover that what you're seeing is a play within a play, just slow down, take a deep breath, and hold on for the ride of your life.
LutzSpearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
los mentirosos
Dave Mote

Re: Moving to Houston

Welcome to paradise, at least it is for me anyway. You will find the gulf waves are a b!tch. Steep and from confused directions most of the time. I just learned to slow down. You can go fast, but you're gonna fly allot and smack down hard. SKA guys must love that. I'm to old to hack it. Bug is right on and a good poster. He gets in the water more than most divers I know of. If you bring a boat you will find plenty of good divers to help out.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
bug_power
Team Jetty Jumper!

Look for posts in this forum about Rig Diving...I just posted a video. Diving out of Houston isn't too bad, but you typically have to go a bit further then down south to get to some blue water. When it's flat for about a week, head down to surfside and dive the jetties, some BIG fish (some toothy) down there around the jetties. You can check out TexasSpearfishing.com (my site) and stxfreediver.com for some more info on diving.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #4
carsonwild

Welcome to TEXAS the water is great come in.Theres plenty of room out here for one more.
Get your stuff and lets go fishing.
There are some real good guys on this board.
carsonwild is offline   Reply With Quote