Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #16
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

Re: Double Double Impaler Speargun Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEgir View Post
"F#@K No!
You cannot borrow!"

Ain't that the truth
I had to look back at the pics to see where you got that- (it sounded familiar)
then I saw it- and had a laugh
Old 03-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #17
UaVaj

jason

please give an update on what is going on your end.

it has been over ~4.5 months since these 2 guns were ordered and ~1.5 month since any return replies.

starting to get concern.
UaVaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #18
UaVaj

finally got a response from jason yesterday to pickup the guns this weekend on april 15 2017.

it has been a long 5+ months since these guns were ordered.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #19
BajaMike

Post pictures, very interesting build

BajaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #20
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

double guns are pita
i will never build another one for less than one million dollars

Last edited by Impaler Spearguns; 04-15-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Impaler Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #21
Behslayer

Seriously.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #22
UaVaj

got pushed again.

will give it a few more days. hope fully it materialize.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #23
UaVaj

the completion of two guns is pretty much dead in the water as of today.

~5 1/2 month wasted and ~$1725 down payment gone.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #24
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

- ?tell the truth- since you are gonna put this out there
facts:
you ordered two double guns- that you gave half the money for- as a down payment.
I built one gun and tried to give it to you- then you refused to accept it- unless I give you both guns- you will not accept gun#1.
I have the gun sitting right here- if not for the fact that it is oiled- I could sell it to someone else- but since you insisted I oil the thing- it makes it a very hard sell for me.-Which is why I get money up front - to cover build costs - so I don't get totally screwed (like you want to do to me now)
Your position is based on the belief that the receipt I signed - with gun specs (that were subject to change by me at any time anyway (your words-remember?)- were actually a contract that forces me to give you both guns or nothing .(which is nowhere in there)
seems to me a receipt that has specs that are subject to change - does not legally force me to give you stuff that isn't paid for yet- but I guess the judge will decide?)
it could have just been so simple- but then you want to act like an a$$hole and say you will have me arrested for fraud and ˙ou will see me in court"- etc.- has lead us to where we are now
you gave me 1225$- not 1775$ also
the separate issue of the delaminated - old riffe that you wanted cut down- then agreed to a new short gun instead- then reversed that and now want me to pay you for a new complete riffe at retail value for the crappy old gun yo gave me.
I told you - I would replace it with another riffe - or build you the short gun we initially talked about- so don't even try this crap of adding 550$ to the down payment amount- it is a separate issue and never really in dispute.

I am still willing to give you this double gun you had me built to your painstaking specs
I am still willing to give you either a replacement riffe - or a different gun as a substitute- whichever you prefer.
I AM NOT making anything else for you PERIOD!
I am only giving you what you already paid for - despite your receipt - or your super scary threats of fraud allegations

I guess in a way - you won- since I am now following ulusub's footsteps and no longer doing custom builds. From now on - I build what I want and then sell them - in that order.
It sucks because so many customers have been cool over the years - and no disrespect to them- but the one a$$hole out of 100 or so - make it such a drag that it just isn't worth it to a guy like me.
I have built alot of guns and this is the first complaint that I have had that wasn't immediately fixable by me.
This guy told me at the beginning that he was turned down by a couple other gun builders- that "they wanted to make what THEY wanted to make - not what I(Ua) wanted " -
I should have run for the hills right then.
I had yet to meet a guy like this - so I figured - what the heck.
At first it was two single shot spearguns- which I easily can do - and like to do.
It then started changing over endless hourlong phonecalls where he would live brainstorm over the phone to me and the guns changed and changed - until they were now both 2 shot guns- one at 60"and one at 72"!
If he would have come at me like that at first - I might have been smart enough to run - but the way it was changed so much - threw me off I guess.

I told you up front - that I would make one of the guns and we would make sure you liked it before I proceeded to gun #2

I did agree to make you two guns - but I was only ever paid for one - so when I tried to give you the one gun you paid for - you refused and demanded both guns or a complete refund.
If you had ordered a single shot gun - or a gun with an epoxy paint job - I would give you a $ refund (since I could sell elsewhere)- but since you insisted on a rare style gun and and oil finish - despite my protests- you will NOT be getting a refund for this gun- you will accept it- or it will sit here until you do.
I figure I owe you maybe 100- to 150$
plus a used riffe with no spear- bands - butt pad etc. (like yours) (I will however not give you a delaminating one without fixing it 0 despite the condition of the one you gave me to fix )
and I will give you this quite pretty double gun that you commissioned me to build.
Or you can have me arrested for fraud and sue me for 3 or four times what I really owe - like you threatened.
good luck with that

ps - if I am in the business of screwing people - surely there would be another to chime in on this right?
nope
just you
hmmm...........

anytime you want to end this nonsense and just take the stuff you paid for plus the riffe and 150$ change- let me know
till then - see you on people's court- hahah

Last edited by Impaler Spearguns; 05-11-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Impaler Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #25
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

one thing I would like to add is - a 72"double gun is not something I am comfortable making - at all - especially for someone as picky as this guy is.
it would have to be so fat to be buoyant enough - that it would lead to a whole set of unique problems .
In addition - I suspect it is not the best setup for blue water tuna hunting - if it was - there would be more huge two shot guns around.
They are good for scuba diving - especially for freeshaft guys.(he is neither)
I hate making stuff that is impractical- and guessing and practicing on teak is not my cup of tea either.
If the second - huge gun was to be a one shot gun - I would make it.
He actually agreed to that on a monday - but then on wed - switched it up and demanded the double gun or a refund again-
and here we are.
I just noticed this post today when the last custom build customer I have called me because he thinks he is getting ripped off for his down payment from reading this guy's misleading post.
I paid off two customers and and finishing off the last few guns I owe people now and then it's strictly build em - then sell them.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #26
Behslayer

Sounds like a giant pain in the ass. (I'm referring to a double shot 72" Tuna gun..) As well as being impractical. Jason, you make good guns and you are always improving. Make only what you want to use yourself. Make every gun for yourself.

I vote. Send out the one gun you built and refurbish one of your own guns the same length as that Riffe to new condition and send that out with 2 shafts, bands, ready to use,
I'll even throw in a new Reel and line to help and be done with this and move on. Get back to those guns that you build based on your own experience with those fantastic Epoxy Artjobs.

or renegotiate the deal that you will build the second gun at an hourly rate of just over Minimum wage.

How many hours goes into building a 72" Double Over Under.. 30? -materials.... I think there may be some labor laws being broken here asking you to build that gun at that price.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #27
UaVaj

facts are:

you agree to build me two guns on November 7, 2016 for the sum of $2150.
we both sign a contract with detailed gun specs (everything is on paper).
$1000 for the reef double and $1150 for the bluewater double.
both of these gun were due for completion and delivery on December 19, 2016.
you have taken possession of 1) $1225 and 2) a riffe 120x ($500 value).

i have made repeated attempt to collect these two guns and the riffe 120x.
every time you have failed to deliver. you eventually ignored my repeated attempt to resolve this matter for 60+ days consecutively.
finally you replied on April 13, 2017 only to cancel again. then you disappeared for almost 30 days consecutively.

today is May 11, 2017 and absolutely nothing has materialize.

you leave me with no choice but to seek legal proceeding and seek criminal complaint.

I am still open in resolving this matter. better late than never. but you must stop playing houdini.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #28
Behslayer

I'll try to help settle this. Because we need good Builders here in the USA.

UaVaj, I hope I'm not coming accross as being disrespectful to you. That is not my intention.

How does this deal sound.
-Send the Gun Jason already made.
-Send the Riffe back to you in whatever condition it was sent.
-Send one refurbished Impaler with Reel and Line.
-Everything goes out within 10 days.

Jason loses. But gains. You win. Done.

Ps. You really win.. because I'll tell you straight a 72: Double Over Under for Tuna... is something you would use once realize you made a mistake and be stuck with it. It's just too bulky. I never made a 72" gun in my life.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #29
UaVaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
I'll try to help settle this. Because we need good Builders here in the USA.

UaVaj, I hope I'm not coming accross as being disrespectful to you. That is not my intention.

How does this deal sound.
1. -Send the Gun Jason already made.
2. -Send the Riffe back to you in whatever condition it was sent.
3. -Send one refurbished Impaler with Reel and Line.
4. -Everything goes out within 10 days.

Jason loses. But gains. You win. Done.

Ps. You really win.. because I'll tell you straight a 72: Double Over Under for Tuna... is something you would use once realize you made a mistake and be stuck with it. It's just too bulky. I never made a 72" gun in my life.

at this point. already lost ~6 month of spearing. what is another 10 days.
Jason/Impaler can have 10 more days to cure this.

1) if this double reef gun even exist. why not? only accepted with added gesture from #3 below.

2) the riffe 120x was in good condition with no delamination. if indeed is delaminating. riffe would warranty it. all it needed was a few coat of teak oil.

3) this gun is a good gesture to makeup for the continuous stalling.

4) due on or before 5/21/2017. that is 10 days starting today.

as soon as Jason/Impaler agree to this resolution and posts a few pictures on this thread in good faith showing ALL GUNS TOGETHER (#1 double reef gun / #2 riffe 120x gun / #3 refubish impaler gun) AND READY FOR PICKUP. will personally pickup and consider this issue resolved.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #30
Behslayer

Okay, I haven't even spoken with Jason about it at all. This is just my suggestion. It's up to him. If it were me that's what I'd do just to be done with this and to chalk it up to a learning experience never to build anything that you wouldn't want to own yourself.