Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Off-Topic

California Off-Topic Remember that politics/religion and general off-topic belong in Special Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
Karma Trees

Wave Runner Runs over Another

CRAZY STUPID!
I remember my first beer
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c52_1407174920
Karma Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
malibujohn

Re: Wave Runner Runs over Another

I think that was KWTONY just dropping one off for a customer!!!
malibujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
Mr Main22
Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibujohn View Post
LMFAO

On a serious note, is that for real?? damn they caught air!
Mr Main22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
IamAquaMan
Spear Happy

Gotta love when people get on the water and have no idea what they are doing.

IamAquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #5
kwtony
Snorkel Master

HOLY SHIT!!! sadly ive seen this happen a few times..seen someone pretty much do the same but off the stern. Girl had her hip ripped in two pieces a week before i stared working at the company i eventually ended up managing. I have about 1000 horror stories but the worse one of them all was when I got t-boned by a stupid ass customer..Put me in bed for a week...

I was pulling out of the rock seawall at the Galleon Marina and Resort where a guy on my tour hit me on a brand new ski..We were going only about 20, but I got thrown from my ski and bounced my head/neck off the hood of his ski. Shattered it into a bunch of pieces, I regained consciousness only to see my ski starting to sink, I wasnt still sure what had happened, but I do know that the sight of that ski scared the shit out of me. It was all a haze to me, but people watching me said i back stroked back to vessel, grabbed the handle bars, started it (lanyard was still on but not hooked to me) my legs were dangling off the right side of ski, i got it barely going 5mph and managed to drive it on the docks right before the engine died because water shorted the battery.. the hull was 2/3 full of water. my whole body was pretty much in the gunwale, once i hit the dock i rolled off and i passed out again ..it all took place in a matter about 20 seconds.. stars were floating all around, i couldnt even see straight, i closed one eye got lucky i made it back in without hitting anything. blood running down my face. not a good day....there was a hole so big you could stuff an infant through that was also about 6 feet long on a wave runner only like 11 hours old... guy had to audacity to ask if we were still going on tour....it was a 6pm sunset ride and he wanted to get his sunset photos.. someone called an ambulance...but it was almost because he was going to need it..I lost my cool after he said that, and it took my boss (who happens to be Pro Wrester 'Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers' Son) to keep me from killing the guy....those were the good old days

That ski was a new nano hull, in that country they probably dont have the proper materials to repair that kind of damage. There are only a few people that import skis to countries like that, chances are ill make a few phone calls and find out where that hull is and what really happened to it.

That girl took a pretty hard fall, but she should be fine, didnt look like he landed on her. That sound alone makes me cringe but to be fair, dumb ass driving hit that ski perfectly. That whole thing could have been MUCH MUCH worse...
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibujohn View Post
Hahah no, i got a strict rule with my ski. KEEP THE DAMN SKIS OFF THE BEACH...that poor black girl wouldn't have been there to ramp in the first place.. Now i HAVE driven plenty of skis similar up on to the beach tho...i got the skid length and perfect speed down right at the casa marina beach to place them all the way up the sand and right between the palm trees, anyone that has been there before knows that, they aren't exactly right next to water
Old 08-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
Mr Main22
Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
HOLY SHIT!!! sadly ive seen this happen a few times..seen someone pretty much do the same but off the stern. Girl had her hip ripped in two pieces a week before i stared working at the company i eventually ended up managing. I have about 1000 horror stories but the worse one of them all was when I got t-boned by a stupid ass customer..Put me in bed for a week...

I was pulling out of the rock seawall at the Galleon Marina and Resort where a guy on my tour hit me on a brand new ski..We were going only about 20, but I got thrown from my ski and bounced my head/neck off the hood of his ski. Shattered it into a bunch of pieces, I regained consciousness only to see my ski starting to sink, I wasnt still sure what had happened, but I do know that the sight of that ski scared the shit out of me. It was all a haze to me, but people watching me said i back stroked back to vessel, grabbed the handle bars, started it (lanyard was still on but not hooked to me) my legs were dangling off the right side of ski, i got it barely going 5mph and managed to drive it on the docks right before the engine died because water shorted the battery.. the hull was 2/3 full of water. my whole body was pretty much in the gunwale, once i hit the dock i rolled off and i passed out again ..it all took place in a matter about 20 seconds.. stars were floating all around, i couldnt even see straight, i closed one eye got lucky i made it back in without hitting anything. blood running down my face. not a good day....there was a hole so big you could stuff an infant through that was also about 6 feet long on a wave runner only like 11 hours old... guy had to audacity to ask if we were still going on tour....it was a 6pm sunset ride and he wanted to get his sunset photos.. someone called an ambulance...but it was almost because he was going to need it..I lost my cool after he said that, and it took my boss (who happens to be Pro Wrester 'Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers' Son) to keep me from killing the guy....those were the good old days

That ski was a new nano hull, in that country they probably dont have the proper materials to repair that kind of damage. There are only a few people that import skis to countries like that, chances are ill make a few phone calls and find out where that hull is and what really happened to it.

That girl took a pretty hard fall, but she should be fine, didnt look like he landed on her. That sound alone makes me cringe but to be fair, dumb ass driving hit that ski perfectly. That whole thing could have been MUCH MUCH worse...
Do customers have to pay for what happened to the ski or does your business take the hit on that? hectic story tony

- Adrian
Mr Main22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
kwtony
Snorkel Master

I didnt own the business at the time, but the customer paid for it. Luckily we got a great fiberglass guy to do it for damn near pennies. and i swear it looked brand new perfectly trued and all...While customers have a security deposit taken out on their skis, nothing can prevent an accident.

I do all the work on my skis from scratches to full on holes in the hull. I could have fixed the ski back then, with what i know now, but at the time...it was a huuuuuge hole to me. Ive had some pretty gnarly ones in my skis over the years, and have fixed quite a few personal skis on the side with FG issues. Boats too..the rental company next door has a shit ton of damage... But i learned the steps, the preps, and the chemicals needed. You should see my paint box...im set up for both single and dual stage paints repairs and a full on fiber glass repairs, with all different types of fillers and compounds designed for pwcs and marine industry. I actually rented skis to the owner of Sea Hunter a few weeks ago and now have access to the materials they use on their boats. Fiberglass and epoxy resins is an amazing material to work with. But what im getting as is, since i do all the work, i dont have to over-charge the customer for stupid shit like they do in key west. Nicks and dings are inevitable, but if you cause a crack, you're going to have to pay for it.. I give people a good stern talking to, and they listen when i give the damage speech.. Im diplomatic in how i handle it from the start to finish. 99% of the time, every walks away shaking hands.. no one feels like they needed a bottle of lube either. Shit happens, we can always talk about it and be reasonable.. Even the people that damage skis, are more then welcome to come back and ride. Except that 1% guy...Ashmel Habib Kabob doesn't get to come back... he can rent skis in KW
Old 09-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #9
Apnea Dynasty

sounds crazy

Spearamerica.com

Apnea Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
9x19MdM

I'm wanting to get some stickers, in the outline/shape of a PWC, to put on the side of my boat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-Feightner_Edward-nine-kills-622x415.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	210710  
9x19MdM is offline   Reply With Quote