Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 08:28 AM   #31
Charlestondivin

Dave, make it to some of the sc spearfishing club meetings. Lots of guys there with boats looking for riders. Check the message boards on CD.com too. Last weekend someone couldn't fill his boat for a spear trip.
Charlestondivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #32
Larrod

My first post on this site....just wanted to say again how much fun I had, and that it was a pleasure meeting you John.
Larrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:08 PM   #33
SLAYER
sir-slay-alot

HOLY SHIT JOHN THOSE ARE SOME COMMERCIAL STRINGERS ALMOST..CONGRATS ON THOSE FISH ..IF ITS POSSIBLE I MIGHT HAVE TO GO ON THE NEXT TRIP ..THAT IS IF THEY EVEN LET YOU COME BACK AFTER KILLING ALL THOSE FISH.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #34
kitefisherman
Spearboard Historian

Thanks guys for all the kind words! I’m sure that Les and Rob have done as well or better several times themselves, but their efforts to show me a good time made this my best day. You guys better be careful or I might try to piggyback one of the many invitations that you've already got floating out there. You may have to get unlisted phone numbers.

Larrod and Eyyeball: I enjoyed fishing and hunting with you. I forgot how much fun it was to troll ballyhoo. It was great to be back in the pit. It’s especially fun to work the cockpit with such a well oiled crew. Please express the same to Taylor. It was a pleasure to work in an environment that everyone automatically gravitated towards what needed to be done next. I have fished many boats, and can tell you that it is rare. I only wish that the yellowfins had shown up! Glad to see you here Larry. As I told you on the boat, this is a great place to learn a lot very quickly. I hope that Les gets you shooting before too long.

Greyface: I knew that you were coming down here last weekend. I hope that your trip went well. I hope that we can hunt together again soon before too long.

Screen: Thank you for the Riffe MT 3 enclosed track that I won in the Southern Open last year. It is my favorite gun ever . . . although I still haven’t really given the Wongs a fair chance. Nevertheless, Sheri was kind enough to send me up to South Carolina with 4 Wongs so that I could show the boys what they were missing. I’m still having so much fun with my Riffe that I must admit that I haven’t yet given the Wongs a true audition.

Kevin: You certainly have very dedicated customers! These South Carolina guys love their SS guns! Although I shoot a Riffe,I still espouse your style of shooting. I hope that someday that I can attend one of your seminars and learn more.

Spearoo, Marcus and Biggsy: Can’t wait to finally meet you guys on the JR2 on our upcoming trips.

Freediveslayer: Someday, Brian maybe I’ll be good enough to shoot on your boat. Till then I’ll keep plugging away. Seriously though, thanks for the praise; I know that you aren’t easily impressed!

Scott: Thank you for Spearboard. Without it, I would have never met these guys and many others that I talk and hunt with regularly. It has truly changed my life. Still waiting for that picture of the week. . .

Please forgive me for posting one more picture of my 23 pound hog. I know that I sometimes have trouble differentiating the size of fish in pictures depending on how far that they were held out towards the camera. For those of you that dive with Cressi Gara HP 2000s, I think that this picture does the fish justice. Look at the meat along the back of this fish. It was a pig! Enough said.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resize of imgp0343.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	8145  

Last edited by kitefisherman; 04-28-2004 at 08:03 PM.
kitefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM   #35
Charlestondivin

Thanks for letting us look at the Wongs Sheri. They are quality pieces of gear and seemed exremely well made.

No more guests untill after the open dammit. Our ledges cant take the abuse!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:57 PM   #36
junior

Alright everybody, let's all hit Carolina hard for the next couple of weeks

How far out do you guys have to go in order to get to those monstas?

NIce hogs
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #37
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Dayamn! That's a big ole Hog! I had to break out my Free diving fins for comparison. Saweetness!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:16 AM   #38
Slay Ride

Hogs don't even come within 115 miles of our coast. LONG run. Big nasty seas. Stay away. Go to Texas and spear the rigs. Much more variety.

PS. Thanks to Sheri for letting me check out the wong's. I'm thinking of a reel gun for targetign some of the pelagics. Very nice equipment.

Last edited by Slay Ride; 04-29-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Slay Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:59 AM   #39
Steel Shootin'

Quote:
Originally posted by kitefisherman
[b]

Scott: Thank you for Spearboard. Without it, I would have never met these guys and many others that I talk and hunt with regularly. It has truly changed my life. Still waiting for that picture of the week. . .
Finally got it done, late last night. Front page and center!

Quote:
Please forgive me for posting one more picture of my 23 pound hog....
Hey, if you use the Shooter Dan counter, you are still allowed to post 78 more photos!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:35 AM   #40
biggsy
No, it's a sachel

Send a message via AIM to biggsy Send a message via Yahoo to biggsy
Hey Kite...congrats on the picture of the week, you deserve it brother! Again, nice shooting and you are right, that fish is a pig compared to that fin...Unreal!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:36 AM   #41
biggsy
No, it's a sachel

Send a message via AIM to biggsy Send a message via Yahoo to biggsy
Quote:
Originally posted by Slay Ride
Hogs don't even come within 115 miles of our coast. LONG run. Big nasty seas. Stay away. Go to Texas and spear the rigs. Much more variety.
SBO has been cancelled to all those spearing in Carolina Your entry fees are however not returned, so thanks for playing!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:47 AM   #42
Charlestondivin

After all this smack talk I think we have assured ourselves an ass kicking. The pic on the front was of the smaller male.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:36 AM   #43
kitefisherman
Spearboard Historian

Scott: Thanks for the honor and yet another milestone!

Mad photocredit props to Charlestondivin!
kitefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:42 AM   #44
junior

Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a massive pile up on I-95 for the carolina guys
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:05 AM   #45
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Thanks Kite. Someday you will see the light! Its more about your state of mind, than the gun itself! Hope to see you at a seminar some day.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is online now   Reply With Quote