Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #16
Ethan kills
OG Troll

Re: Carlsbad Diving Locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whopper Stopper View Post
there are a lot of kelp beds in c-bad. Try going to one thats more off the beaten path. A lot less pressure from the summer crowd...... State beach kelp, the point kelp, campgrounds. good luck. Ethan didnt you just start diving c-bad this summer? and your already king? lol claiming...... just kidding you(not really) we will have get out there some time.
Is that a challenge?!
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
-Pat-

Terramar is pretty good. I go there quite a bit and there is plenty of fish. Its pretty shallow (5-8ft) all the way past the break but its gets deep (maybe like 15-20ft) pretty quick compared to the surf zone. Many times I can just swim on the top of the water and see everything because its so shallow in some spots.

When I was there on Thursday I saw a pretty good sized Leopard Shark swimming around. It was probably about 5 ft or so. There was also some nice sized fish that I saw.

From my experiences, Tamarack is not bad. There is alot of fish but many of them are pretty small. There is a pretty cool arch out there though that you can dive under which seems to be where many fish hang out.
-Pat- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
fisherofmen
T.J.Toolson

i dive swamis all the time and have seen big WSB there and my buddy has hooked up on two yellows there and he took a 26 pound sheephead out there. while i agree its no the most fish laden, the vis is usually better and is a good place to dive. not saying its the best for pelagics or anything but i have seen it happen. its a great spot for beginners too

"follow me and i will make you fishers of men"-matthew 4:19
fisherofmen is offline   Reply With Quote