Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #211
spearhunter11
Surgical Shooter!

Re: I'm learning to Freedive

You must of missed kwtony's thread on a cheap light, and some other knowledge. I must of missed his crying ones. I see you are the one with slick mouth. Smart people have been trying to give you good information you just don't wanna let it sink in. I hope you succeed in your endeavors with out something bad happening. Bad things have happened to the best of them in a pool.
spearhunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #212
Brandiego
Team Fii

[quote=kehloken;1687549]brandiego as a fII instructor at least try to get a little closer to home if you want to joke. Martial arts takes an actual person to learn how to defend or kill another person. I started at 2nd grade when You actually take classes and after highschool Your good to go for the rest of your life.
You should of stated fishing lessons, not many people take them at all cause you go out with a little info and catdh fish and each time you go you pick up a new Idea, concept or lure. Same as freediving, breathholding is a key feature, and spearfishing thats where its at, the more you go the better you witness the results for better understanding the fish chain.

In my hyperbole you actually got the point I was trying to make.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #213
kehloken

With the weather being like it is it pulls me into the pool, and for that I actually did 3 1/2 links of the pool with mask only, yes I kick off side of pool. On a vid I seen someone just go until almost stopped and then give a stroke. So my method is slow and I do float to the surface at each end of the pool. Using little energy and just thinking of other stuff then how long I can hold my breath. A pool attendant said she takes yoga, and we talked on there breathing, I posted a yoga vid on it, and these exercises have helped her for running track and riding bike. So many other people using breathing techniques in there conditioning sport of choice.

Sun is peeking out now and the water is looking calm, I shall take a few dives while salmon fishing todayy. As we smoked a king the color was white, my first encounter of a white king. Still not sure if it is true but I will research later when more time on my hands.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #214
kehloken

As some of you keep up with the warning of death by freediving, there is no doubt it happens, even if you have done it for years, take a look at this freediver plus a surfer paddle boarder and jetskier, also on the water all the time. Accidents happen, of course I know Iknow this guy probably never took a class so thats why he died from free diving.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles...lf-mexico.html

That is why you can always dive to an easy depth and bottom time for a safe free dive and live. Of course when in the Ocean or any water collum for that matter something might happen that just wont let you surface in time or surface at all.

RIP J.D. (Jerry Dean)
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #215
Fusion94

guys... obvious troll is well... obvious troll.
Fusion94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #216
kehloken

So the debate of beginner divers blacking out is really not that critical, I thought well I am a beginner and have a bit of the knowledge of the underwater world. On this link it gives the details that a beginner has the lack of adaption, whereas the intermediate diver is more at risk.

http://www.scuba-doc.com/latenthypoxia.html

The advanced diver is not Immune which I would say J.D. would be advanced. I will take more caution as I would feel I am going into the intermediate phase.

I had two nice days in the water and many free dives trying to see the salmon. I am hooking some big kings in between SI.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #217
kehloken

The Interesting thing on that link is the spleen, So Indeed a you die of heart attack cause of your spleen. Unreal, are ya tellin me all the scuba divers are dieing from this. I always thought it was a way out for the diving industry for cause of death. In essence you actually need a spleen checkup before diving(this is not proven information) and never will be cause you will be able to sue the examiner(doctor)

Makes total sense why so many have cardiac arrest. The free diving has Info that brings prespective to light, unlike fusion 94 which is a complete TOOL.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #218
kehloken

Secrets from America's best freedivers, actually things that are common yet it has to be strongly enforced in order to be successful in freediving.http://www.freediveblog.com/2012/04/...st-freedivers/
Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #219
pileggi78563

Send a message via Yahoo to pileggi78563 Send a message via Skype™ to pileggi78563

subscribed for the drama.

by the way you should use my avatar pic in your sig.

peace
Old 08-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #220
AndrewK

Been about a week.... someone become a statistic?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #221
suarez

Very sad day on this board......my prayers are with Kehloken's family
suarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #222
kehloken

Andrewk I know you will be a statistic cause your to stupid to read past post, I am back to work and the king salmon are in and I am slaying them. So not freediving at the moment.

No worries suarez I have no family, its just me and the SEA.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #223
AndrewK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehloken View Post
Andrewk I know you will be a statistic cause your to stupid to read past post, I am back to work and the king salmon are in and I am slaying them. So not freediving at the moment.

haterz gonna hate
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #224
True spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehloken View Post
I find myself saying the exact same thing! still doesnt mean i dive without a buddy...
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #225
Msandoval1403
Happy Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putmeincoach View Post
This is exactly the type of thing that these experienced freedivers have been trying to open your eyes to. Of course exhaling makes you feel a bit better as the burn you feel is a build up of co2. However exhaling at depth is a terrible idea. If you exhale on decent, as you ascend your lungs will have a lower pressure than your bloodstream, and since gas flows from high to low, not low to high, your remaining oxygen goes to your lungs and not your brain. Brain + no oxygen = SWB. Nobody wants to read a thread about you dying man, wake up.
I appreciate the experience you all put out there. Whether he listens or not others can learn from what you have to say. I dive with a group of guys who really care about each other. I'm the new guy and appreciate them allowing me in. Its a better time diving with others anyway.
Msandoval1403 is offline   Reply With Quote