Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 07-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
flamencoguru
FII Freediving Instructor

Re: I'm learning to Freedive

This guy is not serious. He's pulling our legs and he knows it. I'm done. Peace, Errol
flamencoguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #32
True spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehloken View Post
Flamen, the lifeguards will teach themselves or make there own choice of how they want to persue, right now they are watching me. This is the deal every one wants me to give them seafood, I will not, they want it go get it yourself. But I do have a barbecue at the clubhouse every friday it has been ling cod and halibut, now cabezon as I go spear a couple everyday and next week I add in the dungie crabs. It will come to an end as someone else needs to participate and I just do not have time as summer is here almost(another dreary day).
I dont know why but when I read this I busted out laughing, it's just so random and ridiculous that it makes me laugh... If you don't wanna take a class, fine! But don't post on the forum and ask for help when people give you answers and you don't listen to them. What's the point?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #33
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by True spearo View Post
I dont know why but when I read this I busted out laughing, it's just so random and ridiculous that it makes me laugh... If you don't wanna take a class, fine! But don't post on the forum and ask for help when people give you answers and you don't listen to them. What's the point?
Agreed. A lot of people are devoting time to giving him advice, but its wasted time. He doesn't want advice- he just wants to tell us how it is. Let him be.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #34
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Wow i cant believe i just wasted my time reading/deciphering all of this guys BS. There is a lot of good info in this thread and its pretty clear this kid knows more then everyone else does. Damn, I wish i was young enough to know everything. I just really hope we dont read about a dead crab diver who knew too much....
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #35
tuffstuff
Mathew Goncalves

There is no way that english is this persons first language, maybe they simply can't understand what you are telling them. Safety first always, is the way you should dive. I honestly couldn't care less about you but you will be in distress eventually and I wouldn't want someone trying to come to your aid and you taking them with you.
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #36
kehloken

After a day on water just boating crabbing and secluded beach crab cook out got in late. Got up went got my crab and then hit the pool.

Started right out by putting on weight belt and plunging down in deep end and walking, then push off to the surface, after 20 mins, I switched to running and I slipped mostly. So it got me thinking as I am putting in buoy for practice deep dives, I will also add two shallow buoy's with a line in between that I can pull on. The indians are just gonna love me, thinking Im out harvesting in there area, and see there dive buoy's, and yes they will more than likely cut them loose.

This would be great to kick and pull to build that first kick down up and to pull down the line also.

I did find in my first dives in salt water that a few kicks Then just sink with arms in front then I actually went a few feet horizontal then kick to get crab, and pop to the surface.

Of course now it is time to move on to doing deeper dives and breath holding in pool training.

Bill I agree with you, to waste your time on telling me dive with a buddy, take a class, obviously it is not going to happen.

Put more of your energy in telling me how to Free dive, I simply will explain what I am doing, I had one post tell me I was wrong and what reason, dont let your air out.
If you instructors and freedivers are so great tell me your way of acheiving free diving techniques, or dont waste your time.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #37
kwtony
Snorkel Master

And the most ignorant comment of the day award goes too....
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
flamencoguru
FII Freediving Instructor

Quote:
After a day on water just boating crabbing and secluded beach crab cook out got in late. Got up went got my crab and then hit the pool.

Started right out by putting on weight belt and plunging down in deep end and walking, then push off to the surface, after 20 mins, I switched to running and I slipped mostly. So it got me thinking as I am putting in buoy for practice deep dives, I will also add two shallow buoy's with a line in between that I can pull on. The indians are just gonna love me, thinking Im out harvesting in there area, and see there dive buoy's, and yes they will more than likely cut them loose.

This would be great to kick and pull to build that first kick down up and to pull down the line also.

I did find in my first dives in salt water that a few kicks Then just sink with arms in front then I actually went a few feet horizontal then kick to get crab, and pop to the surface.

Of course now it is time to move on to doing deeper dives and breath holding in pool training.

Bill I agree with you, to waste your time on telling me dive with a buddy, take a class, obviously it is not going to happen.

Put more of your energy in telling me how to Free dive, I simply will explain what I am doing, I had one post tell me I was wrong and what reason, dont let your air out.
If you instructors and freedivers are so great tell me your way of acheiving free diving techniques, or dont waste your time.

Troll.
flamencoguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #39
ImmersionFD
Sponsor

video of a real spear fisherman having a real blackout underwater.

http://vimeo.com/7575835

Ted Harty
PFI Freediving courses in South Florida.
US Men's Freediving Record Holder
2012 Captain for USA Freediving Team
See courses in action on my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmersionFD

Immersion Freediving
Why choose Immersion Freediving
Speargun training sessions
954-324-4444

Last edited by ImmersionFD; 07-02-2012 at 12:33 PM.
ImmersionFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
spearhunter11
Surgical Shooter!

Now you want a course for free. Be safe, don't stay past your first contraction. Stay out of the deep water. There is your advice!! I hope I don't have to give you a R.I.P.
spearhunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #41
kehloken

Immersion fd thanx for vid, I did learn to take long surface breaks, I did five minutes and these guys seem to cut it close at 3:30 and thinks he blackedout cause of only 3:00. I will give another and go 6 mins. I just hop in my zodiac and warm a bit and then off I go. Thanx and good to know.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #42
Brandiego
Team Fii

Quote:

Partial info is dangerous. That's why we have multi-day courses. You watched the youtube video of the guy in Mexico that was taught some techniques to diving deeper. He even said that he was deeper than he had ever been. The techniques he was given worked! He also blacked out, and without a safety there, would have died. That's the epitome of why we don't just "tell you our way of achieving freediving techniques." That is why so many people are admonishing, dive with a buddy. At least when you incorrectly interpret the hints and suggestions you receive online, someone is there to revive you, hopefully.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #43
woodshooter

you think you are going to learn the right way to do things by bits and pieces of information? you are going to f^$k around and surface on one of your ocean training days. with the feeling of your body shaking and sipping on air, thinking "dam i should have listened" right before you black out and slip under the surface.. partial information will only get you hurt.. hey good luck to you it will be a pain free way to die... make sure your insurance is paid up so your family can have something to show for it..
woodshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #44
kehloken

http://wetdawg.com/pages/under_tips_...php?t=240&c=36

So here is a pretty good sum up for a new freediver. I already thought just going and do it would be best way, and it mentions time in the pool, although I scuba dive every day just about I agree the pool is more for training for free diving.

Since sun in not out so far today I shall go put buoy's out and then get my afternoon pool time in. I am not timing my self on breath hold much, I'll wait till Im better.

I like the breath hold exercises in the link above.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #45
True spearo

Freedive instructors are not going to tell you their techniques. That's the point of the class! Plus, even with these techniques you can still black out, they show you how to dive safer but you still need a buddy watching you. My advice to you if you don't want to take a class is at least have a friend watch you, I can show you some revive techniques if you want.