Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Off-Topic

California Off-Topic Remember that politics/religion and general off-topic belong in Special Forums.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #16
justspearit

Re: Right on red light ticket

Did you end up winning?
justspearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:52 AM   #17
el tiegro

Just had my day in court on Thursday. Didn't go well for me, out $564, plus traffic school. Out of 25 people, I think 7 got dismissed for the officer not showing up. Mine walked in with two minutes to spare. They went alphabetical, and the Judge was being pretty cool, everyone was guilty, but he was giving them a break on the fines. When it was almost my turn, the bailiff called me and one other guy to go upstairs to another courtroom to speed up the process, and you could tell the Judge in that room was an asshole the minute we walked in the door. He heard the officer, I told him it was yellow, he said go pay your fine, and that was that! I guess on the whole, it's a gamble, financially probably not worth missing two half days at work, but was interesting watching a few of the people there try to defend themselves/interrogate the cops. If you've got the time, give it a shot.
el tiegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #18
justspearit

Damn, that is a bummer. Our system can be screwed up sometimes.
justspearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #19
Ron S

Well on the good side, it was probably the officer's day off and he got the mandatory 3 hour minimum pay at whatever their overtime rate is. (Time and a half, double time, whatever).
Hopefully he's a spearo and got a nice spearing trip paid of out of it.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote