Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 12-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
doyenofcastle

shallow track and band slot size

guys I need your advice for one of my speargun made two years ago, I keep it in store because of one problem ,I have made it with shallow track depth (1.5 mm) ,tight band slot 12.5 mm W and 30 mm L , the band will squeeze inside the slot , I use 6.7 mm hammerhead spear 140 cm , 2 regular rubber 14 mm stretch to 360 % ,problem is that the spear fly to left by 100 mm when i use both band ! and after release the shaft i notice one band is not centered as in picture,switch to single 16 mm regular band 340% and misalignment still the same ,some guys said the band slot should be tight to prevent the spear from rolling but in abellan speargun , band is free to move in more space ,is that true the shallow track can't be use with shark fin spear in case of tight band slot ? in RA the band hole super tight and we use notch or shark fin without problem the track is 1.5 mm deep ,what could be wrong here ?I don't think overpowering the spear because 14 mm band not over loaded ,I prefer 4 mm deep track but the plan was making speargun can use both notched and shark fin spear ,BTW I use single 14 mm band and it shoot accurate but not giving good penetration at the end of 2 wrap of mono ,it shoot at 2 m but target far than 2 m won't be hit accurately ,spear drop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	240794  
doyenofcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
popgun pete

Re: shallow track and band slot size

Open the band anchor slot up, the bands don't need to be tight and then the strands can equalize side to side. You can use band elevators at the muzzle to provide some control of the bands.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote