Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Exile
Exile

Replacement euro bands for Imersion concept pro 110

Hi all,

Did the search thing, but couldn't find specifics on this topic.

I recently purchased an Imersion concept pro 110 with screw-on megabooster 20mm bands. After dealing with health problems that almost completely destroyed by shoulders muscles, I find the big bands are too much for me. I find I can only get them to stretch about 2/3 the distance needed to load (even in the water). I am not sure that even an assist band would help due to the difficulty.

So now I am looking to refit the gun with new bands. I am looking at purchasing 16mm, 30cm bands, and hoping that will allow me to load the gun much easier, until I can rebuild my strength (now healing well).
Also, after hearing horror stories about lost fingers from metal wishbones, I think it may be a good idea to replace the standard issue articulated wishbone with a dynema version.

However, I have a few questions that I hope a more experienced spearo than I can answer.

1. Is 16mm that much easier to pull than a 20mm? Do I need a 14mm? I still want to penetrate the fish!
2. Will any replacement euro bands fit the screw-on receiver on the muzzle and wishbone, or do they need to be manufacturer replacements (diameter and thread size)?
3. Same for a dynema wishbone replacement for euro bands, will any manu wishbone work, or is a special fit situation between manu's?
4. Does the color of the bands have any correlation with performance or longevity

I would appreciate any and all input on how to this dialed in the best way. Its killing me having this new gun, but still using my cheap-ass polespear due to temporary wussyness.

I'd love to ask these questions to the manufacturer, but they're French. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Exile