Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:47 PM   #31
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Re: where in the world holds the best opportunity to thrive?

[quote=riplipper;2169369]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post

Itís just like WTF does our Christian population not miss a beat when it comes down to trying and force religion down peopleís throats. QUOTE]

I get really tired of people who make this programed repetitive statement about Christians.
Yes, I have had one or two people in my entire life that I would say were forceful about their religion. However, I would never make an all inclusive statement about "the Christian population" like this.....It is just completely untrue.
So you can tell me that

Missionaries

Jehova Witnesses

Donít go all over the world to other countries uninvited trying to convert local people into Christians?

Rhetorical question of course....
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #32
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Thanks for the input.
I don't take NS's testament about his passion as being forced down my throat. I didn't have to read it nor am I threatened reading it. Bless his soul, he's tried to guide me 'to the light' several times. I make an unwillingly participant as I have my own thoughts on the issues. I may one day become a believer. I've had my share of experiences with the religion. Some of which has soured me to this day. At least he has an open mind. He at once thought the war on drugs was righteous. I guess it was my 'preaching' that helped change his mind on the subject. He never complained about my 'preaching'. He considered it and by his own volition, changed his mind. Might you be so 'open minded'?
Actually I am very open minded about life in general.

My take is you had a very thought provoking question. And someone injects religion into a topic that was not even closely directed that way. Then here comes a person preaching the gospel (so to speak). Kinda like when they come to your door to save you.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #33
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Actually I am very open minded about life in general.

My take is you had a very thought provoking question. And someone injects religion into a topic that was not even closely directed that way. Then here comes a person preaching the gospel (so to speak). Kinda like when they come to your door to save you.
Hmmm...IMO, it was relevant. Again, he wasn't knocking on my door. I had the choice of reading his words or not. I also have the choice of answering my door even though it's much more of an annoyance if it wakes me.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:52 PM   #34
mepps1

Quote:
And now we are preaching on SB. Whatís next selling medical MJ? wtfo?
Quote:
Not at all.

Itís just like WTF does our Christian population not miss a beat when it comes down to trying and force religion down peopleís throats.

One thing true about your question....Iíve lived overseas since 1991 nonstop. Grass is not greener. Things seem to be better on the surface in some other countries however, they are worse than here.
I'm sorry all two paragraphs of that was pushed down your virgin throat.

It must have been very difficult for you.

Have you thought about seeking the services of a theological rape counselor? We all understand how traumatic it can be to have other people's ideas forced on your unspoiled mind.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:08 PM   #35
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
I'm sorry all two paragraphs of that was pushed down your virgin throat.

It must have been very difficult for you.

Have you thought about seeking the services of a theological rape counselor? We all understand how traumatic it can be to have other people's ideas forced on your unspoiled mind.
Ha that's funny!

Never said my mind wasn't unspoiled. Its very spoiled. I just don't like having an uninvited theological rape.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:10 PM   #36
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hmmm...IMO, it was relevant. Again, he wasn't knocking on my door. I had the choice of reading his words or not. I also have the choice of answering my door even though it's much more of an annoyance if it wakes me.
LOL ok it was relevant and the thread was started by you looking for advice.

Come to Dubai....they just opened up 10 year visa's for engineers
Old 05-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #37
SubSub

Quote:
LOL ok it was relevant and the thread was started by you looking for advice.

Come to Dubai....they just opened up 10 year visa's for engineers

Yeah, and while youíre at it maybe you can proselytize a few muzzies!?
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #38
Ryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Life is never easy but sometimes we make things harder for ourselves.Constantly being barraged with advertisement and propaganda of what "the good life' is really dont help.Everyone from the corporations,government and the churches want a piece of your ass and devotion.Screw them!Take care of your family the way you are doing.
Everyone likes nice things.Just remember they are just things.
Well said! Think for ourselves dont listen to all the big corporations saying we need this or that to be happy. Even the big political parties they have a interest for you to be upset. Why? So they make you think they alone provide the way for you not to be upset and you vote for them. The left needs the right as much as the right needs the left its a big sales job to stay in power.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #39
OBLIGATED

Right now I think the republicans and democrats are wings on the same bird.A greedy vulture.
America is still by far the best overall to live but the politicians seem hell bent on ruining it.Religious"leaders" are just as bad.
Im doing a modified Dave Ramsey plan.Wipe out all debt but I will keep my credit cards and credit score.In todays world if your car breaks down and you need a rental you need a card.Otherwise I use it for monthly expenses and pay it off.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #40
SubSub

Quote:

America is still by far the best overall to live...

How are you so sure? Been everywhere? Also isnít that quite a subjective question? To each his own kind of you know.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #41
Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
How are you so sure? Been everywhere? Also isnít that quite a subjective question? To each his own kind of you know.
I really love where I live.
Fishing is great, surfing is great, I can drive to the Atlantic or Pacific easily,economy growing positively, lots of jobs, lots of green areas.
Safest country regionally, cheap tropical fruit, healthcare good, education good.

Eco-tourism creates huge amounts of jobs and business opportunities because of the amount of wildlife.

Could someone let me know how my freedom's are being excessively restricted? I'm ignorant.

Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #42
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
When it comes to freedom nothing beats the USA.There is a reason people risk their lives to get here.
There are MANY beautiful places to visit but none compare to the freedoms afforded us in the states.Every place I consider I look at economics,health issues,political stability,freedoms like speech and firearms rights,crime and safety for my gringo ass.None have come close to the USA.
I have not been everywhere but have friends that have been to just about every country either fighting or travelling for pleasure.They ALL still live here.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #43
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
I really love where I live.
Fishing is great, surfing is great, I can drive to the Atlantic or Pacific easily,economy growing positively, lots of jobs, lots of green areas.
Safest country regionally, cheap tropical fruit, healthcare good, education good.

Eco-tourism creates huge amounts of jobs and business opportunities because of the amount of wildlife.

Could someone let me know how my freedom's are being excessively restricted? I'm ignorant.
What are the gun laws like for citizens?Can you get on the internet and say a politician is a scumbag without fear?Safest country regionally does not mean safe.I have several friends and relatives that USED to like Costa Rica for surfing,fishing and diving.They dont go as much because the crime went up.There is a reason they have walled fish camps with broken glass on top.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:01 PM   #44
Griswold
Chad

Marcus,

My .02 for what it's worth.

You have done the biggest part by getting any staying out of debt.

Having read your stuff for many years now, I KNOW that you do not lack in the independent thinking department. Put those talents to use in coming up with a business that is yours. If I can do it, you can. This can and should be done while you keep your day job. The grass isn't greener anywhere else.

Then, F the Joneses. Do your thing, well within your means. Security comes with ability do deal with changes. Actually, it changes bad situations into opportunities in many cases.
Griswold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #45
Nix

Quote:
What are the gun laws like for citizens?Can you get on the internet and say a politician is a scumbag without fear?Safest country regionally does not mean safe.I have several friends and relatives that USED to like Costa Rica for surfing,fishing and diving.They dont go as much because the crime went up.There is a reason they have walled fish camps with broken glass on top.
I have no idea of gun laws because I don't own guns but I know they are available after the relevant checks. You can say whatever you like here about government officials, the President etc and everyone does. I don't feel afraid at all here, 99% of violent crimes are between drug smugglers and that industry so I don't see much risk to me. Petty crime is higher in some touristy areas but has actually dropped over the last 10 years, tourists in almost any country need to learn where they should and shouldn't go to stay safe. Did I mention the weather, the food, the hot springs, the national parks, the volcanoes etc?

I'm not saying Costa Rica is the best place on earth, just that I'm happy here. I do however think that it's funny that there are people in every country I've ever visited saying theirs is objectively the best, as I've seen here.

Nix is offline   Reply With Quote