Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
konafish

Question Headed to Australia/Fiji

Hey all,

My buddy and I are headed to the great pacific in a about a year. Obviously like most of you, the Great Barrier Reef is on my dive planner but I was wondering about very specific spots to see the greatest diversity of fauna (pelagic and benthic) to check out. As a MS candidate in my aquatic environmental science program, I would also like to observe the degradation to the reef system. I am a pretty experienced scuba and so is my buddy. I just don't want to go to the same spots everybody else goes. I am from Florida so know I am trying to do this right if I am traveling that far.

Any advice or spots to check out would be appreciated. We also plan on doing some cool stuff on land as well. Any supplementary places to check out would be sick.

Last edited by konafish; 06-20-2016 at 07:03 PM.
konafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #2
stratt7777

Re: Headed to Australia/Fiji

Sorry, no advice but it sounds like a killer trip! Good luck!