Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
North Star
Max

20 percent of US adults have 'high-risk' HPV

Another of many arguments for biblical sexual morality - abstinence before marriage, faithful monogamy after marriage.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/0...-risk-hpv.html

And this from the article:

"The new report also found that, overall, the prevalence of any type of genital HPV infection was 45 percent in men and 40 percent in women."

Sexual promiscuity is a personal and societal disaster on so many levels - not the least of which are the medical and health ramifications and costs that individuals and society must bear.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
OBLIGATED

Re: 20 percent of US adults have 'high-risk' HPV

Catherine Zeta Jones cootchie is a known carrierMichael Douglas got throat cancer from servicing her.
If I get cancer I would like to have got it having fun!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Mango Tango

Sharing a bed with only 1 woman your entire life doesn't sound like living to me.
Mango Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango Tango View Post
Sharing a bed with only 1 woman your entire life doesn't sound like living to me.
You haven't found the right woman nor the meaning of what makes life worth living. Clue: It's not between anyones legs.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
You haven't found the right woman nor the meaning of what makes life worth living. Clue: It's not between anyones legs.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I was a virgin when I got married, as was my wife, and 42 years later it is better than ever.

One life, one wife. The best sex in the world, because of the best relationship in the world.

I am not interested in duplicating the wreckage I see all around me or trading places with the promiscuous who are now old and alone...
Old 04-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
SubSub

Are you guys mormons or what? Ahh, yeah... sorry forgot, even the mormons spread their seeds all over the place... good christians and all...
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:48 PM   #7
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Are you guys mormons or what? Ahh, yeah... sorry forgot, even the mormons spread their seeds all over the place... good christians and all...
I Guess I am a moron because I respect and love my wife and have no plans on cheating on her.
I feel sorry for the girl you may marry some day....I assume you like girls???
Old 04-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Seems that Sweden could benefit from a more biblical outlook on relationships....

https://www.thelocal.se/20130605/48350
Old 04-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #9
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

It appears that DSub might make an interesting addition. There's been way too many yes men in here lately.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:04 AM   #10
SubSub

Quote:
Seems that Sweden could benefit from a more biblical outlook on relationships....

https://www.thelocal.se/20130605/48350

Do you always just read the headlines? There is a context to the rest of it you know.

Where in the bible does it say "Thou shalt not ****" btw?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #11
OBLIGATED

A little common sense and self control can save your life these days.
If your not in a committed relationship you had better be wrapping it up or get ready for some nasty diseases or even death.
One of my cousins died from AIDS.He turned into a radical and like to get in everyones face about his sexuality and his escapades.This was in the early 80s.He died alone and a slow painfull death in New York.
I worked with several inferior decorators.A dozen sexual partners a month(random men at clubs)was considered being a prude.I have walked out of homes in tears after seeing the devastation from AIDS on a once healthy young man unable to even get out of bed without assistance or to feed themselves.Tears of sorrow for what was to come and tears of anger for the arrogance and stupidity they still had after getting where they were.
Do what you like but dont come crying later and expect the taxpayer to give a shit about your troubles or medical bills that you brought upon yourself.
Im not a "religious" person but that part in the bible about reaping what you sow is very true.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #12
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
I Guess I am a moron because I respect and love my wife and have no plans on cheating on her.
I feel sorry for the girl you may marry some day....I assume you like girls???
You are not the Moron.Some people think they are so cool and hip until they get that nasty burning sensation or warts on their junk.Divorce court wont be cheap either.
I have a few BILs that whored around behind their wives backs and now their girlfriends!Now they are broke and probably on their way to an AZT script.Probably wont need it if the husbands find out who has been tapping their slut wives or they OD on whatever drug of the week they take.One is in his 40s and has had a few mini strokes and the other is a few years younger than me working on a stroke or heart attack from whoring drama,alcoholism and chemicals
Old 04-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #13
North Star
Max

Quote:

1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #14
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Do you always just read the headlines? There is a context to the rest of it you know.
Absolutely but what defers from the title? Swedes get tested more so their score is higher? I would attribute that due to the need to do such. I'm glad folks are more aware they have a problem but testing for STDs does little to prevent them. Promoting abstinence until marriage absolutely does. Pick your cure.... I'll stick with the simple one God gave us.

Sweden has been singled out as the sexually transmitted disease (STD) capital of Europe, with sexually-active Swedes found to be more likely than their European counterparts to seek treatment for diseases such chlamydia and gonorrhea.

"An increasing number of young Swedes are aware of the fact that many sexually transmitted diseases don't have visible symptoms. As a result, they may be more inclined to get tested as a precaution," Pelle Ullholm, an expert with the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (Riksförbundet för Sexuell Upplysning, RFSU) told The Local.

Figures compiled by online health clinic HealthExpress reveal there has been a significant rise in the number of reported STDs in Europe in recent years, the Daily Mail newspaper reported.

Based on data from more than 3,500 consultations, Swedes sought treatment for STDs most often, followed by Germans and Britons.

Chlamydia was found to be the most common STD across Europe, according to the paper.

Ullholm wasn't surprised by the findings, citing a number of factors that may have resulted in Swedes' penchant for getting tested for STDs such as increased awareness about infections and easy access to testing.

"While I can't speak specifically about other countries, Sweden has a number of youth-friendly clinics where young people feel comfortable seeking advice and treatment," he said.

He explained that Swedish law requires people found to test positive for certain STDs, including HIV and chlamydia, are required to tell past partners about their infections.

"They are given access to free treatment, but they need to tell all their past sexual partners, to the best of their memory," said Ullholm.

Dr Hilary Jones, a medical adviser with HealthExpress told the Daily Mail that Sweden's STD reporting requirement should be seen as a model that could be followed elsewhere in Europe.

"Although some may view the country's rules as 'draconian,' having legislation which protects people from infection could help other countries within the EU dent the rising STD figures," she told the paper.

Ullholm noted further that Swedes remain single and unattached longer in comparison to other European countries, which can result in more sexual partners.

In addition, a recent survey found half of young Swedes don't use condoms when having sex with a new partner and that 30 percent of Swedes use no contraceptive measures at all.

"Clearly that figure needs to be improved," he added.

David Landes

Quote:
Here ya go...
Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #15
SubSub

20 percent of US adults have 'high-risk' HPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
A little common sense and self control can save your life these days.

If your not in a committed relationship you had better be wrapping it up or get ready for some nasty diseases or even death.

I think we all (that lived the 80s) learned that from the 80s. Wrap it or scrap it.

Quote:
Absolutely but what defers from the title? Swedes get tested more so their score is higher?

Well, yes. Pretty much so. Kinda says itself doesn't it? Some countries they let the populations dicks fall off, or let the girls die from uterus cancer. We try to avoid that so controls are thorough. Many of the std's out there are ones you don't notice easily, but in the long term they can cause serious damage.

Many counties try to deny that their population do *****, diminish the risks and neglect the poor bastards who suffer the consequenses.

In a modern world country who measure everything, ofcourse you will get a heavier impact in the statistics than in a country not measuring to the same scale, regardless of how the actual reality look.

Quote:
I would attribute that due to the need to do such. I'm glad folks are more aware they have a problem but testing for STDs does little to prevent them. Promoting abstinence until marriage absolutely does. Pick your cure.... I'll stick with the simple one God gave us.

I'm happily married since 13 yrs and would never ***** around. I'm not judging the poeple that have been with one person their whole lifes, but that really is something out of the ordinary. Most people discover their sexuality in their teens and it is quite natural to play it out. The ones that do shall not be punished for it by having to suffer from lack of information and prevention.

Quote:

"An increasing number of young Swedes are aware of the fact that many sexually transmitted diseases don't have visible symptoms. As a result, they may be more inclined to get tested as a precaution,"

Quote:

Ullholm wasn't surprised by the findings, citing a number of factors that may have resulted in Swedes' penchant for getting tested for STDs such as increased awareness about infections and easy access to testing.

"While I can't speak specifically about other countries, Sweden has a number of youth-friendly clinics where young people feel comfortable seeking advice and treatment," he said.

He explained that Swedish law requires people found to test positive for certain STDs, including HIV and chlamydia, are required to tell past partners about their infections.

"They are given access to free treatment, but they need to tell all their past sexual partners, to the best of their memory," said Ullholm.

Dr Hilary Jones, a medical adviser with HealthExpress told the Daily Mail that Sweden's STD reporting requirement should be seen as a model that could be followed elsewhere in Europe.

------------

Quote:

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
[/quote]

Ohh, shit.. is that from the Quran? Sure sounds like that! God / muhammad will punish all the sinners blah, blah... same shit different book!

Last edited by SubSub; 04-13-2017 at 03:12 PM.