Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #16
eddiebrs

Re: Best gloves for pole spearing?

Have you tried those gloves? How have they been holding up?
eddiebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #17
Carlz

I got a pair of madgrip gloves and the grip seems to be holding up (only used them on 4 or 5 dives so far). I got these off ebay "MadGrip Thunderdome Performance Gloves - PPTBLKRM - Color Black/Black Size L"

Not sure if they are the thicker ones mentioned earlier in the thread but they sure have good grip on them. I've lobstering as well and my hands got alittle beat up but not too bad. They are the best I've tried so far so I would recommend them.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
Carlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:57 AM   #18
Blue2u

anyone try the home depot dyneema gloves?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #19
sealark

on line orange silicone covered buy them by the dozen only a couple bucks each
sealark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #20
ctspearjunky
Ishootfish

Look online at Glovestock.Com for X15 gloves they are cut resistant level 5 and have a pad on the web of your hand where the band rests there like 10$
ctspearjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:51 AM   #21
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Game changers. Neptonics Dyneema Teflon lined gloves.

Quality you can trust from North America's Largest Selection of Spearfishing Equipment.
Neptonic Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #22
Thin man

x2 on the neptonics gloves. I've used them on a dozen or so dives handling fish and lobster and they work and hold up really well. I had posted on this thread earlier about using the madgrip gloves from home depot, but prefer these.
Thin man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #23
eddiebrs

Do these Neptonic gloves block urchins' spines? Thats something I always have an issue getting stuck by them when lobstering.
eddiebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #24
aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin man View Post
x2 on the neptonics gloves. I've used them on a dozen or so dives handling fish and lobster and they work and hold up really well. I had posted on this thread earlier about using the madgrip gloves from home depot, but prefer these.
X3. I've done 80 plus dives on these gloves, the left one is a little torn up from fighting bigger fish and having my hand in it's gills the right one is like new. I'd say the most damage I do is out of the water when I'm trying to get a good fish pic while hiding my left hand in its gills.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #25
cacique

Of course Linghunt and other are correct, industrial dymeema gloves are all we need and not the same gloves rebranded by a Spearo firm purporting to have been designed especially for our sport.

In a moment of weakness I bought the Headhunter BAMF gloves:

https://www.headhunterspearfishing.c...lobster-gloves

These are not even Dyneema, they're Kevlar, old technology now, and 38 bucks. Yes they have bits of rubber armour sewn onto to backs for added puncture protection, but what if a spine goes between the widely spaced rubber parts Headhunter? The silliest thing about them however is that though they claim to be designed especially for PS, even having Mr Kirkconnel's name on them, the large piece of rubber armour on the back of the hand consitently hooks-up on a PS band. Each time you release your band after loading, if you have not shot your spear, the band has to be lifted over this pecice of rubber where it is now trying to pull off your glove. I have now unpicked the stitching of the armour on my right hand glove and removed this item. The gloves are much better for it, but still doubtfully not worth the price other than for the CK logo.
cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 AM   #26
Charliex

I like these gloves.
http://www.atg-glovesolutions.com
They have all levels of protection, perfect fix and great range of sizes. I personally used the maxi cut ultimate model. They are thin, flexible and still have great protection. Spiny lobster and fish gills are no problem and they last. I also use them in construction handling concrete and took a year before they formed small holes in the fingers.
Charliex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #27
ctspearjunky
Ishootfish

I found majestic x15 gloves they are cut resistant level 5 and look just like the $30 headhunter or neritic gloves but with what looks like a polespear band pad in between the thumbrella and index finger. $10 on www.glovestock.com
ctspearjunky is offline   Reply With Quote