Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
davidiskol

I'm in Bali want to catch a mahi wahoo or dog tooth !

Hey whatsup guys I am in Bali untill the beginning of April. All of the above fish are on my list and. I would like to atleast land one of the above. I will pay a regular Fisherman to take me out because my budget is to low to get a reall charter ATM . I tried to look up everything but there really isn't much info out there .What would be realistic what species would you target in March. What harbors would be promising , and how far ofshore would you recommend going I was thinking king of going to lambok and Java too so they would be a option too . I appreciate anyone's input thanks David
davidiskol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
Behslayer

Re: I'm in Bali want to catch a mahi wahoo or dog tooth !

Hi David,

Where are you in Bali?
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #3
Rosstnfound
47.3 lbs

In March, so far i shot, gt, blue trevali, permit, grouper, job fish
Mu, midnight snapper, sweet lips. parrot fish, drummer, thread fin, coral trout, reef diving with Steve Bluebacore in South Lombok. He is on SB, lives on south Lombok, but leaving for a few months.

There are some spots for doggies in and around Bali but better to go with eXperienced spearos that know the area as some of these areas have down currents.

You can dive the fads off of Bali and shoot wahoo, mahi, rainbow runner and tripple tail this time of year. Go to Amed and talk to some fisherman there.

Good luck but without speaking the language, it might not be easy.

Last edited by Rosstnfound; 03-13-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Rosstnfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
davidiskol

Thanks for your replies I am in uluwatu which will be my home base . I cought a nice 20 plus pounder gt on my first day which tasted great. I'm a very respectful Traveller and don't shoot any reef fish and just would like to have the opportunity to Target some species of my dreams . I have made freinds with my homestay family and have been sharing my fish with them and teaching the son about spearing and responsibly harvesting. The son was loves fishing but has not seen anything but reef fish taken so I really enjoy opening his eyes to the possibilities he has living here .

Last edited by davidiskol; 03-13-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
Behslayer

What Homestay? Go by Drifter Surf and talk with Jake or Tim. I thought you guys had a big swell hitting?
Old 03-14-2017, 06:49 AM   #6
Rosstnfound
47.3 lbs

Gelombang akan datang kemarin dong.
Rosstnfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
davidiskol

Artha mulia Hauser right next to uluwatu
Old 03-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #8
davidiskol

Yea there's a big one coming but I got a while here so just fishing for info ��
Old 03-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #9
Behslayer

Hmm not sure exactly which that is. The old Ulusub Workshop is 100yds up from the Stairs on the Temple side. Across the street from Sandat Mas you'll see a lot of Tall Bamboo and a Pink House. Ulusub Workshop is in Backyard.. The Uluwatu Surf Villas is run by Tim. He also owns Drifter Surf. He's a Spearfisherman. You could drop by and say hello.

Aduh. dini ada Ombak.. Angin Bangsat Kencang. 100k/jam. Hujan Salju dan Es. Air Laut warna Kopi Susu.. Ngak Bagus. Kenapa pindah? Tapi anak baru dapat surat kemarin. Masuk Universitas..

David, hook up with Mr. Rosst. but both you guys keep off me spots.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #10
davidiskol

Haha I will respect that . Thanks for your help I really appreciate it . If your ever in Cali let me know
Old 03-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #11
davidiskol

What's your name btw ?
Old 03-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #12
Behslayer

I'm Jon. I'm kidding about the spots.. as you can see it's quite rough and the constant surf changes the water all the time. You will need to hold onto the reef with atleast one hand and point your body/gun into the swell and wait.. and wait.. and wait.............. in order to see the good ones. The Longnose Yellow Lipped Emperor and Mu. Be careful if you decide to shoot the Leatherjackets because they have a Vicious Blade on their tales and can cut you deep. I don't poke into holes there looking for Lobster. There are a few local Morays as thick as Basketballs and you would never survive a wrestle with one. Say hello to Ketut Pitur from me down at the warungs. He's a fisherman and real Waterman and might point you in some good directions.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #13
davidiskol

Awsome Jon nice to meat you my name is david. I have done very well on a very known surf spot around here . Wierd thing is the deepr I go the less fish I see I guess they really like current . They all where next to surfers I saw a swarm of bluerunners on a feeding frenzy and stayed close about 10 minutes later a huge silver fish cruises right by me checking me it was really murkey and he came out of no where and I ended up flinching and spooked a 40 plus pound gt. I also dove down through a crack and had my gun pointed at some huge pompano but I didn't take the shot because I was not 100 percent sure what it was . Very awsome but disappointing day . Gonna look up all game fish now hahha. Are gts curious like yellowtaill? How important is a flasher when I dive ? And do you try to be silent down here or croak . Tap on reef , pull bands ? Thanks for your help
D
Old 03-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #14
Behslayer

I'd recommend talking with Jake or Tim from Drifter Surf Shop. Tim is at Uluwatu Surf Villas. You could get in touch with Felipe Jubett on Facebook if he's around maybe he'll take you for a swim.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #15
Behslayer

For the Wary snapper you need to be quiet, out of view, and down for a long while.