Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 05-08-2019, 10:50 PM   #16
Bob Ballew

Re: The Ocean's Critters are All on Vacation Here

Well, I was going to hit Lompoc over the head with my speargun……...until.....I found out he is just as sad and feeble as I am!.....hehehe
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #17
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
Well, I was going to hit Lompoc over the head with my speargun……...until.....I found out he is just as sad and feeble as I am!.....hehehe

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #18
Bluewater1
Grab Life By The Gills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompoc Local View Post
It's a fcking quote from the movie Airplane dude get a clue...
Lompoc all you do is talk trash to people. Good for you.
Bluewater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #19
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater1 View Post
Lompoc all you do is talk trash to people. Good for you.
Do you want me to start posting fish reports and stories like everyone else?

Or shall I jumble together other people's fishing reports from various fishing-related sites, Facebook and Instagram like BB? Give you all the freshest dope so you don't have to go developing your own contacts like the rest of us?

Old 05-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #20
Bob Ballew

...Get out the popcorn....First, I never go on Facebook or Instagram....bad karma..Next, everyone knows my information is developed from numerous sources, including boat captains who charter, other divers who call me and online info from others who are willing to share their knowledge...so what? Knowledge is gold...Take it or leave it; your choice..
...Some of what I post is based on years of being on or in the ocean and is provided to increase one's knowledge and perhaps, avoid a dangerous situation...I try to tell a story and illustrate a point...No apologies necessary...Stuff like this is the reason none of my old timer buddies bother to post anymore and why there are hundreds of lurkers and few posters...This elitist attitude some guys have rubs my ass, er, butt, the wrong way....Next!

Then, there is the old saying, "Those who can, do and those who can't, become self-appointed critics"....or...the one I like best, "Knowledge is the solution for ignorance and a 2 x 4 is the only solution for stupidity"....……...….Anyway, I am probably overdue to be banned from the internet....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 05-14-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #21
Bluewater1
Grab Life By The Gills

Quote:
Do you want me to start posting fish reports and stories like everyone else?

Or shall I jumble together other people's fishing reports from various fishing-related sites, Facebook and Instagram like BB? Give you all the freshest dope so you don't have to go developing your own contacts like the rest of us?

Let the guy do what he wants and stop bothering him. A lot of us here like to read his reports. He's not causing any problems but you always are.

Truth is, you're toxic and jealous.

Just give it a rest buddy. Act your age. You sound like a teenager and a joke.
Bluewater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #22
Bob Ballew

Thanks for the support...but....I will conclude with this advice to all...The First Amendment right of free speech is the most valuable asset you have...With it, we have democracy for all...Suppress it and we have rule by a few over the many; a downhill slippery slope...
...So, no matter how weird, wrong headed or prejudiced we think opinions are; we all have an obligation to support the right to free speech...It's the American Way....
Old 05-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #23
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
...Get out the popcorn....First, I never go on Facebook or Instagram....bad karma..Next, everyone knows my information is developed from numerous sources, including boat captains who charter, other divers who call me and online info from others who are willing to share their knowledge...so what? Knowledge is gold...Take it or leave it; your choice..
...Some of what I post is based on years of being on or in the ocean and is provided to increase one's knowledge and perhaps, avoid a dangerous situation...I try to tell a story and illustrate a point...No apologies necessary...Stuff like this is the reason none of my old timer buddies bother to post anymore and why there are hundreds of lurkers and few posters...This elitist attitude some guys have rubs my ass, er, butt, the wrong way....Next!

Then, there is the old saying, "Those who can, do and those who can't, become self-appointed critics"....or...the one I like best, "Knowledge is the solution for ignorance and a 2 x 4 is the only solution for stupidity"....……...….Anyway, I am probably overdue to be banned from the internet....
I'm just glad you're not blowing up my spots with your TMI reports luckily I don't dive the areas you are giving away routinely

Old 05-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #24
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Let the guy do what he wants and stop bothering him. A lot of us here like to read his reports. He's not causing any problems but you always are.

Jealous of what?

I crush plenty of slugs

Old 05-15-2019, 08:03 PM   #25
Bob Ballew

..Hmmm, I suppose you could call them "Your spots" if you dive a place more than once...the reality is, there is no such thing..There are just areas fish go thru from year to year and anyone is free to go after one....I was diving the channel islands before you were born...Can I claim the islands as "My Spot'? I think not...It is interesting that fishermen share info on the same areas and as a result, many can catch a fish...If you are diving or fishing on "my spot", I simply move to one of 30 other spots I know gamefish inhabit...
..Anyway, I have yet to hear from a diver that my information prevented him from landing a gamefish...In fact, it seems just the opposite... I have received numerous thanks for putting guys in the area where the fish are likely to be..Well known areas get crowded in summer, with, or without my info...A good diver adapts and should be jumping around anyway until he finds the fish...Hell, you can only land one sea bass per day currently...How many does one need unless you are a game hog or selling fish? But, elitist divers with self-centered egos will never change...and me?...I am too damn old to give a care what anyone thinks....(unless they mess with my First Amendment rights....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 05-16-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #26
Lompoc Local
Errin

Question:

Would you prefer that everyone on the interwebs is talking about how hot your spot is and what slugs can be found there?

Or would you prefer that nobody is talking about your spot and every time you go there, nobody is in sight?

Old 05-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #27
kodama

Quote:
Question:

Would you prefer that everyone on the interwebs is talking about how hot your spot is and what slugs can be found there?

Or would you prefer that nobody is talking about your spot and every time you go there, nobody is in sight?

That question is irrelevant. Everyone would like to have the diving spot to themselves. Unfortunately there is more than one little group of spearfisherman around and none of them own the ocean.

If the spots mentioned above are cobbled together from info on the web the information is already out there for anyone to find anyway.
Was any of the above a secret spot for the select few in the circle?

Mind you I am not arguing that we should give it all away either! The reality is that the sport is growing. More and more people are going to be out there spearing ‘your’ fish.
The question is rather how to deal with it so we can all get along and get a fish for dinner.

A good place to start is to move elsewhere if you arrive on a spot and notice another party fishing it regardless wether it’s ‘your secret spot ‘ are not.

Better regulate ourselves before they make us pull a number before we sail out.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #28
undrH2Ohntr
Loco para Jurel

Quote: