Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 AM   #31
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 180
New Abellan Denton 2019

The reason why I wanted this new Abellan version is because it comes close to what I see as a pretty good reef gun, out of the box that is. However if availability is a problem I am probably better off building my own which I can make even better I suppose. It won’t be cheaper but I will have the joy of building it and it will embody my view of (hopefully almost)perfection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by kodama; 10-19-2018 at 08:13 AM.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #32
fredfoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
The reason why I wanted this new Abellan version is because it comes close to what I see as a pretty good reef gun, out of the box that is. However if availability is a problem I am probably better off building my own which I can make even better I suppose. It won’t be cheaper but I will have the joy of building it and it will embody my view of (hopefully almost)perfection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are wrong, it is much cheaper


I built a denton 145, I can put the pictures if you want
fredfoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:45 AM   #33
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 180
New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfoes View Post
You are wrong, it is much cheaper


I built a denton 145, I can put the pictures if you want


I am afraid not. When I sum up all the parts and materials I like to use. I will be spending at least the same amount excluding the work. Of course the final result would be something quite different. And in that sense probably not comparable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:46 AM   #34
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 180
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfoes View Post
You are wrong, it is much cheaper


I built a denton 145, I can put the pictures if you want


Yes please show the pictures I am interested.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:58 PM   #35
chrishb7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: oc
Posts: 82
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

I’m interested in pictures of the new Denton. Looking in a change of guns
chrishb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #36
fredfoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Yes please show the pictures I am interested.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voilà

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...35#post2178235
fredfoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:56 AM   #37
kodama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 180
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

@greekdiver

I hope that it is obvious that there is a lot of interest in the new revised Abellan considering this tread.

I hope you can consider sharing some information about it. Can we expect to see anything new any time soon or is an upgraded model years away?


“I hate storms, but calms undermine my spirits”
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #38
baitball
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 80
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Wow that gun looks amazing. If you don't mind me asking how much was the total cost for you to build something like that? You said it was cheaper. Just curious
baitball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #39
fredfoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

500 euros ( 570 $ ) finished with only top of the range accessories
fredfoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #40
baitball
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 80
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Wow that's awesome. Never owned one but that would be my dream gun. Maybe more in the 120cm range though
baitball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #41
Xylophone
Registered User
 
Xylophone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Descanso, CA
Posts: 137
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitball View Post
Wow that's awesome. Never owned one but that would be my dream gun. Maybe more in the 120cm range though
Materials are cheaper, but tools are pricey if you don't have everything already. It's worth it though if you plan on making multiple guns.
Xylophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #42
doyenofcastle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 354
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfoes View Post
500 euros ( 570 $ ) finished with only top of the range accessories
not little high ?
doyenofcastle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:22 AM   #43
Mikel_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bilbao (Spain)
Posts: 188
Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyenofcastle View Post
not little high ?
Sounds quite high to me... Materials cannot add to that much

Problem is that, for example, you are going to use a bit of epoxy... but you have to buy a whole lot more due to how it is sold. Same goes with glues, abrasives, etc. Tools are also very expensive if yo go pro quality and try to do everything yourself.
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com