Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 06-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
Snapper Mangler

alellan breakaway setup

I want to set my abellan up for a breakaway floatline setup. I would like to see how people have their rig setup. In the past ive had problems with other guns where the breakaway loop pulling on the line release made the trigger to stiff to pull, i was wondering if that would be a problem on an abellan trigger mech?
Snapper Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:04 AM   #2
spearq8

Re: alellan breakaway setup

I just tie a bungee at the end of the shooting line where it attaches to the line release. Then on the front loop of the bungee (not the part on the line release but the one in front), I tie a one or two foot line and on that line I attach my clip to float line. Of course you could just attach your float line clip on this area, but it will scratch up your gun and feels weird. The tension on line release does not affect your shot with either the Abellan trigger or the Ermessub Double Roller Trigger as it has the line release behind the shaft sear ... so the bungee tension is actually trying to push the shaft forward rather than sideways (like in the old Bleutec trigger) and although for the trigger that means a higher loading on the sears, both the Abellan and DR trigger can handle it without any problems.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:58 AM   #3
Snapper Mangler

Re: alellan breakaway setup

Awesome, thankyou
Snapper Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote