Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 02-24-2016, 09:08 PM   #61
mikenator5000

Re: How do you train for Spearfishing / Freediving?

You may not feel much of anything. The test I learned is to wait for 5 minutes (lets mucus from your throat collect) after a deep dive and spit on your hand to look for blood.
mikenator5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:59 PM   #62
HAYDUKE375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyadha View Post
Id just like to toss in another opinion of being cautious and taking your time. I got a lung squeeze last year pulling on a bug at 75-80ft . I was out for a month. Then this past Sunday I had a similar feeling in much shallower, 40ish ft and rough conditions.

So Im heading to the doc tomorrow because there are flecks of blood when I cough.

Not trying to dissuade you at all. Dive safe.
Shit Vyadha that sux man... I'm really sorry to hear that. What if anything felt different or was different on the initial dive where shit went sideways? From what I've read once you have one you become suseptible to more at shallower depths.I hope that's not the case for u... I definatley appreciate the heads up and take it to heart. Pls let us know what the doc says.
HAYDUKE375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #63
HAYDUKE375

Since safety has been such a big topic on this thread I thought I'd post this video .. IMO it is a must see.

HAYDUKE375 is offline   Reply With Quote