Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 02-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #61
acorad

Re: 2 DFW Officers, Dishonesty or Incompetence- Proven in Court Today!

Great stuff carrasco!

Andy
acorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #62
carrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysgates View Post
Good for you man, and good luck in the future, I hope they don't hold a grudge.
I certainly hope not. Dealing with these guys sucks. I will immediatelly share with the Board if there are any other incidents with these two officers. If they come at me unjustly again, I will file a civil lawsuit for intimidation, harassment and seek to recover for damages such as lost wages and attorney fees.
I just want to dive in peace and not have to worry about grudgeful DFW officers.

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #63
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrasco View Post
I certainly hope not. Dealing with these guys sucks. I will immediatelly share with the Board if there are any other incidents with these two officers. If they come at me unjustly again, I will file a civil lawsuit for intimidation, harassment and seek to recover for damages such as lost wages and attorney fees.
I just want to dive in peace and not have to worry about grudgeful DFW officers.
Isn't that sad that you have to worry about retribution from people that are suppose to be 'protecting and serving'. People whose paychecks are paid by the same people they are harassing.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:57 PM   #64
kehloken

Actually carrasco they know you know how to handle yourself in court and go through the procedures, they might stay away From further embarrassment.

rojodiablo let me know we'll get you out on the water there's always seafood to get out there in the summer.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:17 AM   #65
jaxwax
average joe

Right on Mario

Glad this is in the past now and good days ahead man
jaxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #66
805Outdoorsman

As someone with friends and family in the Law Enforcement field I can tell you first hand that some of them hold grudges and actively pursue people because of their personal grudge.

That being said I had a similar incident with a CHP officer who pulled me over and had NO probable cause. I was very cordial, and followed proper procedure with him. After ~20minutes he decided to issue me a BS citation in order to justify his traffic stop. Well I took him to court and blew his bullshit ticket out of the water. At one point the judge even looked at him and said "with all due respect, you're out of line on this one".
Fastforward a little over a year: Same CHP officer pulls me over, walks up to my car, does the usual "DL and registration" deal. Looks at my DL, looks at me....then he says: "weren't we in court last year?" to which I nervously reply "yes sir". He let out a big sigh, handed me my stuff and walked away. I guess he didn't want to mess with me after how foolish he looked in court the last time ����

Hopefully these DFG Wardens take the same "hands off" approach to you as the CHP officer did with me.
805Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #67
carrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Outdoorsman View Post
As someone with friends and family in the Law Enforcement field I can tell you first hand that some of them hold grudges and actively pursue people because of their personal grudge.

That being said I had a similar incident with a CHP officer who pulled me over and had NO probable cause. I was very cordial, and followed proper procedure with him. After ~20minutes he decided to issue me a BS citation in order to justify his traffic stop. Well I took him to court and blew his bullshit ticket out of the water. At one point the judge even looked at him and said "with all due respect, you're out of line on this one".
Fastforward a little over a year: Same CHP officer pulls me over, walks up to my car, does the usual "DL and registration" deal. Looks at my DL, looks at me....then he says: "weren't we in court last year?" to which I nervously reply "yes sir". He let out a big sigh, handed me my stuff and walked away. I guess he didn't want to mess with me after how foolish he looked in court the last time ����
Hopefully these DFG Wardens take the same "hands off" approach to you as the CHP officer did with me.
Thank you so much for sharing that. I will continue to follow the rules and hopefully avoid further BS from DFW.

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote