Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 10-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
jerbee

Question Can anyone recommend sites for lower priced shafts?

I’m looking for euro style shafts again for my new gun. I found my old shafts on subprof.com for a quarter of what they cost in the US - the only downside is shipping took like 3 weeks from Spain. Can anybody recommend some other sites that might have 7mm 150cm shafts in the $20-30 range? I think I got Seac and Omer last time.
jerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:52 AM   #2
Mikel_24

Re: Can anyone recommend sites for lower priced shafts?

I was going to suggest buying anywhere in Europe as, somehow, the shafts are much more expensive on your side of the pond.

Or try asking some fellow spearos of your area and try to arrange a group buy. Waiting time will not change, but at least you can split the shipping charges.

I was going to mention Scubastore because what I read on the net about Subproof is more than enough to avoid recommending it.

Have you tried the spring carbon steel shafts? (Spearmaster that is) They have a great reputation (besides the unavoidable surface rust in the long run) and are cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Several distributors out there.

Mikel

Mikel
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:28 AM   #3
popgun pete

Clearance sale here: https://spearfishing.com.au/collecti...gun-shaft-9-32 and others https://spearfishing.com.au/collections/sale-items
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 PM   #4
jerbee

Those are great prices on the Aussie site - I tried to order a half-dozen shafts but they don’t have an option to ship to the US?! Waiting to hear back from their customer service...

I didn’t like my experience with subprof, other than the prices. The order took around 6 weeks to arrive - this is after they let me know they didn’t have 25% of my order in stock. Though they did swap those items out with higher priced ones if I’m not mistaken... but after reading reviews of them online from recent customers, I’m going to stay away.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #5
jerbee

Shoot... I just called the Aussie site and they don't ship outside of their country. Shame -- they had the exact shafts I wanted for $25, down from $80.