Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 10-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #16
gspearguns

Re: Fusion Roller Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Thank you. No the top band does not have line running through it. It is connected to the bands on the bottom via the line running over the rollers you see in the images.

This video gives a good explanation of the design and how it works
https://youtu.be/T67CML6qLVo?t=25
Have you measured stretching factor on top and bottom bands?

And about glue spray. Isn't it mainly made for use when working with molds? I think it's not made for use between layer laminates or in this situation between wood and carbon cloth.

I tried once, it look nice when get out of the vacuum bag but I was able to remove all carbon like shell.
gspearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:46 AM   #17
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspearguns View Post

And about glue spray. Isn't it mainly made for use when working with molds? I think it's not made for use between layer laminates or in this situation between wood and carbon cloth.

I tried once, it look nice when get out of the vacuum bag but I was able to remove all carbon like shell.
You might actually have a point there. But can you remember which spray glue you used? At least two types are said to not have adverse affects on the resin.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:25 AM   #18
gspearguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
You might actually have a point there. But can you remember which spray glue you used? At least two types are said to not have adverse affects on the resin.
Can't remmember right now, I can find out later. But it was written in technical data sheet it should not be any affects on composite part surface and it's compatible with all kind of resins. But obviously to put cloth on mould before apply resin by hand or infusion.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #19
Andersp90

Are you ment to load this thing in one go?
Andersp90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #20
musubi

Dean, which rollers did you use for this build?
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:04 PM   #21
deanmc
FII Professional

Quote:

I did measure the bands, if I remember correctly I believe the top band was at 300% and the bottom bands 275%. I still haven't had a chance to get in the water with it, I was away for while on vacation.

The spray glue I used is 3M Super 77 which is a general purpose spray adhesive. I've used it somewhere around 10 handles I have one that it 4 years old and is still holding up well.
deanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #22
deanmc
FII Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyenofcastle View Post
there is no question about the gun finishing and design with that small roller head ,just had one comments ,when the rope reach to the end (before the roller wheel )it is under pretension ,it will knock the gun tip down ,does the gun flip up after and hit spear tail ?

How you find the EVO back ??
Yes there is some pretension. The design is the same as this one I made, recoil is pretty minimal (see video) https://vimeo.com/351210650

I have not shot this blue gun yet so no opinion on the EVO Back other than it was simple to install
Old 10-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #23
deanmc
FII Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
Are you ment to load this thing in one go?
Pretty much. The bottom bands get tensioned before you get in the water. Once in the water just pull the top band back to engage the spear. After firing you only need to pull the top band back. Super easy
Old 10-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #24
deanmc
FII Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by musubi View Post
Dean, which rollers did you use for this build?
Delrin rollers I made on my lathe.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #25
gspearguns

Quote:
I did measure the bands, if I remember correctly I believe the top band was at 300% and the bottom bands 275%. I still haven't had a chance to get in the water with it, I was away for while on vacation.

The spray glue I used is 3M Super 77 which is a general purpose spray adhesive. I've used it somewhere around 10 handles I have one that it 4 years old and is still holding up well.
If you plan to use different strength bands or 2 to 1 connection than you have to limit upper band (weaker) stretching by inside rope. I recommend 1 mm 100% dyneema. On that system I usually use 14 mm top band limited to 330% and bottom 2x16 or 2x18 (soft rubber) on 320-330%.
If you don't limit upper band stretching they will be overstreched and bottom bands will stay on lower factor.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #26
deanmc
FII Professional

Quote:
If you plan to use different strength bands or 2 to 1 connection than you have to limit upper band (weaker) stretching by inside rope. I recommend 1 mm 100% dyneema. On that system I usually use 14 mm top band limited to 330% and bottom 2x16 or 2x18 (soft rubber) on 320-330%.
If you don't limit upper band stretching they will be overstreched and bottom bands will stay on lower factor.
Thanks for that information! Is the internal line on the top band connected to the wishbone knots inside the band?
Old 10-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #27
gspearguns

Quote:
Thanks for that information! Is the internal line on the top band connected to the wishbone knots inside the band?
yes