Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:52 AM   #1
bryang123

Gear for Maui

I'm heading to Maui in around a month and was wondering what spearing gear I should take. I'm deciding between my Riffe euro 110 and pathos 90. Also, should I take the top of my 5mm wetsuit? I know that the water is warm but I'm worried about the deeper waters. Obviously bringing my fins, weight belt, and mask too. Any other things I should bring or purchase?
bryang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:10 AM   #2
landongold

Re: Gear for Maui

If I'm correct I think you need to have a dive float by law if your going to be diving the islands
landongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
Lone Star Spearo
Extreme snorkeler

Re: Gear for Maui

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryang123 View Post
I'm heading to Maui in around a month and was wondering what spearing gear I should take. I'm deciding between my Riffe euro 110 and pathos 90. Also, should I take the top of my 5mm wetsuit? I know that the water is warm but I'm worried about the deeper waters. Obviously bringing my fins, weight belt, and mask too. Any other things I should bring or purchase?
+1 on the dive float w/flag, it's the law.

If it were me, I'd choose the 110cm gun over the 90cm, but I'd take both as they are great sizes for the islands.
I assume a knife is apart of your gear as well, if not add one to your list. The 5mm wetsuit top should hold you over just fine depending on how long you will be in the water.

This thread has a lot of info that might help you with your trip, some is outdated or no longer available since the HSD forums went away.
http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=124171