Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:46 PM   #1
popgun pete

Shark Burgers

If you can't beat 'em, then eat 'em.

https://cookinginsens.wordpress.com/.../shark-burger/

Marinate the shark fillets

Season the shark with salt and pepper. Mix the lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and olive oil together, then put into a zip lock with the fish, squish around and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.

Text below from the website:

"Yesterday, although I put all 6 of the shark fillets in marinade, I only cooked two. https://cookinginsens.wordpress.com/...-tomato-salsa/. I had an idea for today that I wanted to try out with the remaining four. Shark burgers!

These were good. I just coarsely ground the shark in a food processor, added some bread crumbs and sauteed shallots, then pan fried. My tomato and avocado salsa from yesterday was still bright and fresh looking so I topped the burgers with that. Pretty cool."

Shark Burgers

4 shark fillets marinated (see above)

2 shallots, minced

Butter

1/4 cup fine bread crumbs

Tomato avocado salsa (see above)

4 hamburger buns, toasted

Cut the fillets into cubes and coarsely chop in a food processor. Set aside. Saute the shallots in a little butter, allow to cool, then add to the fish, along with the bread crumbs. Mix well and form into four patties.

Lightly oil a frying pan with olive oil and fry the patties 4 minutes per side. Place on the buns, top with salsa and enjoy.

Beverage suggestion: Ice cold beer

Last edited by popgun pete; 07-15-2019 at 06:55 PM.
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote