Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
azspearo
Spearboard Sponsor

Fundraiser for Monty

Fundraiser for Monty

I am not sure if anyone is aware, but Dustin McIntyre the owner/manufacturer of GATKU spears has been fighting for his little boy Monty’s life again.

In October of last year Monty underwent brain surgery to remove a golf ball size tumor from his head. Everything looked really good, and after chemotherapy the expectation was that he would be cancer free.

Unfortunately within 2 weeks of finishing his treatments the cancer started growing back. Monty is currently in Houston, TX undergoing radiation treatments that will hopefully be the answer to all of our prayers and help him make a full recovery.

The expenses associated with the treatment and his mother temporarily residing in TX are getting astronomical.

This is where we all come in. Crist Spears is auctioning off a 5’ 1 piece pole spear to raise money for Monty.

I am asking for help for Dustin and his family. If you have gear you could auction off and donate the proceeds to Monty’s cause, if you can donate monetarily, or have a service you can offer and donate those proceeds from that would be great. Let’s think outside the box, I’m sure we all have something we can do to help Dustin, post services, gear, (diving related or not). A BBQ with a small cover charge that can be donated, a fun dive competition with proceeds/prize money going to Dustin…..I’m sure we can think of other things! Let’s pull together this little boy needs us!

Dustin would never ask for this kind of help and as a community of spearboarders that have come together for so many good causes I can’t think of anything more appropriate or worthwhile than this. If you have any questions or want updates on Monty just ask, and we’ll see what we can do!

Thanks in advance for your help! This tight knit community is where it’s at for our members!

Maquel
Crist Spears

Link for donations.
http://www.cristspears.com/fundraiser_for_monty

The spear i'm auctioning off is a 5' 1-pc spear that has been drizzled anodized. This is a one of a kind spear and I wont be making another one like it. The spear will come with the following.

1/2" band 60lb
9/16" band 70lb
12" shaft w/halibut flopper
18" flopper shaft
Paralyzer
Shaft for paralyzer
Free shipping
Grip to be decided on with winner.

I will close the auction next Sunday (May 13.)
You can bid here our email me privately.
azspearo@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ano.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	171501   Click image for larger version

Name:	monty spear.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	171502  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Corndawg

Re: Fundraiser for Monty

What a great cause, I can bid $200 on the spear. Our family is praying for monty.
Corndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
azspearo
Spearboard Sponsor

New bid on spear is $255.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
UncleR

300.00 is my bid. Aaron if you could post a site--maybe yours-- where we could make a donation via paypal that might be another way to help.
UncleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
azspearo
Spearboard Sponsor

Bobby, my first post has a link to my site where donations can be made. Thanks for the bid.
Aaron
Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
azspearo
Spearboard Sponsor

The bidding has closed on the spear Bobby (uncleR) won the spear. Thanks Bobby. The donations for Monty keep rolling in and we are past $1500. Maquel and I will be adding it up tonight and will be sending the funds to McIntyre family. A big thanks to all that have supported this family. The donation page on my site will still be open. There are other Board members that are having fundraisers, selling trips, and gear for Monty so keep your eye out for these.