Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Old 06-16-2015, 01:54 AM   #1
HombreRana

Anyone interested in fishing Bali 6/19-7/4

I'll be traveling to Bali from June 19th-July4th. Starting off in Seminyak, headed up to Ubud and GitGit for a couple days. Then plan on moving over to Tulamben for a few days and over to Gili T for 4 or 5 days. My itinerary is pretty flexible. Any recommendations or tips on the area would be much appreciated. If anyone's local, it be great to get out for a day or two, possibly split a boat rental and go crush some fish. I'll be bringing along my own gear and gun.

I'm excited to be leaving my 7mm wetsuit in Monterey behind for a couple weeks of warmer water and, hopefully, some good fishing.
HombreRana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:48 AM   #2
bluebacore

Re: Anyone interested in fishing Bali 6/19-7/4

For got to mention that Indonesia recently changed the policy and you may or my not be able to bring your spear gun with you. If they do take it from you at the airport customs you will get it back when you leave the country. I know of several people who were still able to bring there spear guns with them so I would try. One had it taken at the airport but was able to get it a few days later, You probably want to make a back up plan like renting a spear gun from Andre spear guns in Denpasar or a dive shop. If your going straight to Seminyak I would try to get it on the way there as it will be a long drive back in Bali high season traffic to Denpasar to rent gun and waste a good portion of a day. You might try contacting Balispearo from the board I know he does spearing charters and may be able to set you up with a gun if needed. Good luck
bluebacore is offline   Reply With Quote