Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
Trimbandit
discord and rhyme

Children's pool on TaL

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, but This American Life had a 20 minute piece about the battle for Children's pool a little over a week ago. Here is a link to the podcast
It's the first segment.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good piece, but that is viewed from someone who lives hundreds of miles away. I'm curious as to what you local guys think. Apologies in advance if someone already posted this and I missed it.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
ddonnell
Davis Donnell

Re: Children's pool on TaL

Thanks for posting that up! I had heard there was a piece on CP done, but hadn't found it. I'll give it a listen in a bit.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
Aquatic Hunter
Tom

Re: Children's pool on TaL

The podcast is pretty good and delivers an accurate account of the situation. I've encountered the Pro-Seal activist several times. They are very obnoxious and fanatical. They will attempt to obstruct your access to the beach with megaphones, yellow tape, tables and chairs. I've never witnessed "abuse". I've never seen the seals be "flushed". The seals will lounge around the beach among the curious tourist. If people get to close, the seals act annoyed and move away, but then come right back.