Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing > California Local Dive Shops and Services

California Local Dive Shops and Services This area is reserved for California LocalDive Shops and other Service Providers who are sponsors of Spearboard. They may promote their upcoming sales and product offerings here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
J&JDman

New Riffe Fiberglass Fins ready to Demo!!

I re posted this in the regular thread because stuff seems to get overlooked in the Dive Shop section.

We have a pair of Riffe Fiberglass Fins that are available for Demo. We are going to be receiving our first batch of these fins by the end of this month, but have this pair for people to try out and compare to other blades on the market. We are able to switch the blades into any size Omer Millennium footpocket.

The Fiberglass fins are going to run $460 MSRP w/ Riffe Footpockets. $333 for the blades only. I know that they fit in the following footpockets : Omer Stingray, Omer Millennium, Mares, and Riffe.

We will Be selling them at a Introductory price of $400 for a Complete set. or $296 for the blades only.

If you have any questions please feel free to give us a Call @ 619.295.3705 or email me @damien@jamesandjoseph.net

D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	riffefins.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	167225  
J&JDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
mermaidgirl

Re: New Riffe Fiberglass Fins ready to Demo!!

we tested these blades and have been anxiously awaiting availability. Now I just need Jay to make a footpocket that fits women.
mermaidgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Kraken
I am the sea

Been testing these out the last few weeks with Cameron on the east coast and I can't say enough good things about them. Just as good if not better than diveRs and I think they're even more durable. They've put in a lot of effort to make these the best possible fin and i think they succeeded. Nice angle to them and they channel the water nicely so they stay nice and true.

Spearheads Spearfishing Episodes!
http://www.youtube.com/spearheadstv
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Spearo1

Nice deal Damien!!

Spearo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Mattedhead
Matt Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Been testing these out the last few weeks with Cameron on the east coast and I can't say enough good things about them. Just as good if not better than diveRs and I think they're even more durable. They've put in a lot of effort to make these the best possible fin and i think they succeeded. Nice angle to them and they channel the water nicely so they stay nice and true.
More durable than DiveR's? How is that quantified? Has anyone destroyed a set of DiveR's yet?
Mattedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
Roger23043
Airframes

Do these blades fit mare foot pockets?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
J&JDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger23043 View Post
Do these blades fit mare foot pockets?
Yeah they do.
Please email me @ damien@jamesandjoseph.com rather than PM
J&JDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
dennishaussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattedhead View Post
More durable than DiveR's? How is that quantified? Has anyone destroyed a set of DiveR's yet?
That was kind of my thought. How much time you got on the riffes?
I know of 2 diveR broken, one of them very suspicous. I know folks who have the same blades for 6 yrs, still using them.

120 ft
Cause its a long way up,,,,,,,,
dennishaussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
gettin'wet
Glaucus guides my spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidgirl View Post
we tested these blades and have been anxiously awaiting availability. Now I just need Jay to make a footpocket that fits women.
Hey Carla! What footpocket have you guys been using with these blades? Can you elaborate a little for us please? I'm doing my homework on the Riffe blades right now.

gettin'wet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Brandiego
Team Fii

I will be using them tomorrow for depth diving and will likely do a write up on them. My impressions of them so far are that they bend well and are the usual Riffe quality. I should have a good idea of overall performance after tomorrow though.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
gettin'wet
Glaucus guides my spear

Awesome, thanks Brandon. Looking forward to hearing about them.

gettin'wet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
BlueH20Freak
I think Im Big Meech

i may have to pick up a pair of these and throw them in my riffe pockets. will they fit captain nemo pockets does anyone know? they are almost identical to riffe's so i dont see why not
Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #13
Brandiego
Team Fii

So yesterday I did some diving and experimenting with the new Riffe fiberglass fins. Overall they seem to be very high quality. The foot pockets that I have were experimental and I don't imagine that these will make it to market. I do like the foot pockets alot though. They were comfortable to me but probably not to the masses.

The blades are pretty long so you can get good propulsion out of them. I took them down to 113 feet yesterday and was able to keep the optimal meter per second pace. On the way back up I did experience some leg burn. (With Picasso Black Teams I was burning at 20 meters on the way down!) I tried diving with more narrow kicks and my legs did not burn as bad but I was not able to maintain the optimal speed.

If you are a bigger guy or have narrow kick cycles these could be good fins for you. I did a full review here

Again good quality fins and if you liked the Riffe plastics you will probably love these.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
BlueH20Freak
I think Im Big Meech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandiego View Post
So yesterday I did some diving and experimenting with the new Riffe fiberglass fins. Overall they seem to be very high quality. The foot pockets that I have were experimental and I don't imagine that these will make it to market. I do like the foot pockets alot though. They were comfortable to me but probably not to the masses.

The blades are pretty long so you can get good propulsion out of them. I took them down to 113 feet yesterday and was able to keep the optimal meter per second pace. On the way back up I did experience some leg burn. (With Picasso Black Teams I was burning at 20 meters on the way down!) I tried diving with more narrow kicks and my legs did not burn as bad but I was not able to maintain the optimal speed.

If you are a bigger guy or have narrow kick cycles these could be good fins for you. I did a full review here

Again good quality fins and if you liked the Riffe plastics you will probably love these.
thanks for the review, these are definitely on my wish list