Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Upper Gulfcoast

Upper Gulfcoast This is the area for spearfishermen in Panama City, Destin/Ft. Walton, Pensacola, Alabama, Miss., and Louisiana.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
GC88

Any Shooters in Tally/Crawfordville area?

Just looking to see if there is anyone on the forum around the St Marks area. I have seen some old posts but nothing recent. If so we probably know some of the same people. I am always looking for people. I have been going mostly on tanks, but would like to try without.

We had a pretty tough time with the sharks this past season, so maybe free diving would eliminate some of that. Let me know how you are successfully doing it in the area.
GC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
Ted Brodley

Re: Any Shooters in Tally/Crawfordville area?

The freediving does make the shark issue much more manageable. Getting the fish out of the water quickly makes a big difference.
I'm not sure if this shark problem is a natural fluctuation upward in the population, or if they are here to stay until the harvest of sharks ramps back up. They have made diving much less fun in my opinion. Too much excitement.
Ted Brodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #3
Spruce
El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC88 View Post
Just looking to see if there is anyone on the forum around the St Marks area. I have seen some old posts but nothing recent. If so we probably know some of the same people. I am always looking for people. I have been going mostly on tanks, but would like to try without.

We had a pretty tough time with the sharks this past season, so maybe free diving would eliminate some of that. Let me know how you are successfully doing it in the area.
Most of the old Tallahassee area members have been gone for a while, mostly students who graduated and moved away.

Freedive spearing in our area can be challenging due to visibility issues in the shallower water with live bottom. Deeper areas with structure are a long run from most ramps. Where do you typically launch out of? What size boat? What kind of structure do you typically dive? Artificials like St Marks Reef, Dog Ballard, OAR Wakulla? K/O Towers? Private number live bottom? What's your comfort range for freedive spearing? Are you or any of your crew freedive certified?
Spruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
Gatr

I just moved back to st marks. I freedive spearfish and have a Boat
Gatr is offline   Reply With Quote