Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
JoKeRs

Utah Spearfishing Association where are you?

I was just wondering if the USFA was still around and if anyone had any information on what they are up to, or if the association went away?
JoKeRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
ANYH2O

Re: Utah Spearfishing Association where are you?

I was wondering the same thing??
Terry was involved and never gets back to me and Josh is usually to busy as well?
RMSA: www.rockymountainspearfishing.org
Hosted 3 meets this year and was planning to support the annual Fish Lake meet Aug 30 that Dive Addicts plans, but I am not sure if this meet is happening now.
It was so great having a Ut dive-spearfishing club pop up, I am bumbed if it died?
Check out the RMSA for local meets and safety, and blogs on dive trips, we are also the group the campaigns for better fishing rights in every state, next yr its CO.
ANYH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Birdman

RAC meeting tonight DWR office North Temple 6:30pm. Need support to keep spearfishing in Utah. Spearfishing will be a topic of discussion, we need to be able to defend our sport.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
JoKeRs

Are you going? Or how was it?
Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Birdman

Yes I went. It went well spearfishing regulations should stay the same. The board members where very nice and understanding of spearfishing. Seems like most negative feed back comes from other anglers. Intresting fact though they did a survey last fall of fishermen and most anglers responded negative to spearfishing, which means we need to always be putting our best foot forward. Side note there is Pacu in blue lake and we should be able to spear them in the next year.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
JoKeRs

Thanks for going torepresent us. I have classes on tues Wednesday Thursday so I was unable to make it. are you going to all of the rac's?
Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
Birdman

No, that was probably the only one I will be able to attend, hopefully someone else can go to the other ones.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
Istickfish

"Intresting fact though they did a survey last fall of fishermen and most anglers responded negative to spearfishing"

I'm curious who said this? I have attached the survey results and though there are negative comments it is far from "most"

http://wildlife.utah.gov/pdf/2015_fi...ey_results.pdf
Istickfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
Birdman

Drew Cushing state biologist, showed a graph, that had three bars, favor spearfishing, don't favor, and then another, don't favor was the highest bar on graph. Please try and make it to one of the other RAC meeting, I think the same info will be shown. I made a small presentation defending spearfishing, and I talked with the board members afterwords. They said they liked it and stuff like that helps and does make a difference.

Last edited by Birdman; 09-17-2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: My grammar sucks.