Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Old 02-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
A_Alburrito

Blue Water Spearfishing in Miami

I've been spearfishing for a while now but have never had the chance to go blue water. Lately the reefs in Pompano have been empty and I have seen a really big fish in a while. Does anyone have any advice on some deep blue water locations in Miami. Also how do you find the fish? Do you chum the water or are there certain spots that the fish typically hang out? Also I have heard that Key Biscayne is a good area for blue water is that true?
A_Alburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

Re: Blue Water Spearfishing in Miami

I think miami is a bad area for bluewater, its just really shallow even far out and has always been dead in my experience. lower keys or palm beach are better.

chuming is pointless if the fish are no where in the area, so the most important thing is to keep moving and try alot of different things and spots till you find some action, this can really cost alot in gas and trips out without finding anything but once you find the right areas you can succeed on them everytime the conditions are right
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
A_Alburrito

Ok thanks for the advice. How far off shore should you start jumping in and looking for fish? Also should you look for big seaweed patches?
A_Alburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

I would say that bluewater spearing way offshore is only worth it during mahi season. otherwise I would stick to diving in 100 to 200 ft for wahoo and kings...and in that case you are looking for bait fish to find your spots
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote