Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 06-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #31
vstante

Re: Roisub 115 Demo3

Hey, thats a good idea! If the things dont work out well, I can still buy a pathos muzzle and 2x14.5mm bands. And since a Roisub has a 35mm wide carbon body, there will be no issues with the 8mm shaft and the buoyancy.
vstante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #32
Behslayer

I noticed the way you have your shooting line wrapped at the back of the gun is a bit odd? Isn't that metal pin the Line Release? But you are wrapping all line around the Shaft fin? I see that this group of line then goes under that Washer and then engages the Shooting line guide. With forward motion my guess is there is a little grab/snag going on there. All it takes.. My guess would be you would want that first loop to go around the Line Release. This will drop the first loop with a little more clearance? Shooting Line grabs are one of the most common things which effect trajectory. they resolve themselves downrange, but the damage is done. Video will tell. If you have 2 cameras, or even one, try to do a High Res video from the side of the gun shooting. Highest Res possible.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #33
vstante

Yeah, thats how the Roisub suggest to. On the last shaft pin. When I was installing the ermessub kit and making some extra space for the bigger trigger, I slightly damaged the LR hole andmade it too wide. I cant use now the LR on the right side of the trigger mec. (I have to move the RL to the left side). But yesterday I was shooting with the line loose on the pool floor, so that shouldnt be a problem?

I like the Majds idea of changing the muzzle head and make a pipe gun out of the roller. Before buying that gun, I was not shure, what to buy a roller or longer standard pipe gun, and nows a good moment, to try out both models.
I think, You are also using a pathos pipe gun. What muzzle head should I order, open pro, laser open pro or do they have all the same muzzle heads?

Well, I think I will have 2 camereas with me on wednesday, so I could post some video also.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #34
Behslayer

Set up one of the Cameras close up on the muzzle from the Side, as perpendicular as possible. Could be a learning moment for all.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #35
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

I also recently purchased this gun. I have had zero issues with accuracy in the field. Don't know what is going on with yours but, am completely satisfied with mine.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #36
vstante

Well, I changed the system and few other things with mine. But I made a short test the day I got the gun and it was not shooting well. Maybe am I just exaggerating or expecting too much?

But the is one more thing. When I was installing the ermessub kit, I had great troubles with the procedure. The pathos SS housing of the mechanism was (and still is) damaged right on the spot, where the pin is holding the mehanism in the handle. I spend more hours to adjust the new trigger to fit in well, but still, could that be the problem for the bad accuracy?

Here is the pic of it, but is not easy to see...

Last edited by vstante; 06-20-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:57 AM   #37
Manavie

Aloha! Vstante, not to worry it will be figured out, just need some time to figure out what is the problem(s). I was talking to a guy on a deeperblue that loves the accuracy and range of the roisub. His name is Daniel Spiteri and you should search for him through Facebook messenger and explain what is happening. He has spent years tinkering with rollers and roisub system. He is getting 5m out of his 75cm so I would think he will be able to help you get at least 7 if there are no mechanical issues.

If you can't get ahold of him, Here's another thought. If you are a good spearfisherman and the gun wasn't shooting extremely accurately when you first got it, I would call and tell them there is something wrong going on. (Get a friend to shoot a few times to make sure). Maybe the roller head bearing is stuck etc...

If you put the Ermes mech in before testing, maybe there is truly wrong with it and you will have to buy a new handle.

But again, be patient and you should find what is happening. Cheers to all those with their helpful wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:24 AM   #38
vstante

Well, I am not shure...I am running out of time. Going on a 2 mont spearfishing trip a need that gun badly. I made the last test, also with a go pro. I am still waiting for the video clips, but thats the result. I tryed another shaft but it didnt really helped. I tryed with line and without line and reduced power of the speargun. The last thing what is left is to buy a new handle and mechanism...
I am waiting for Roisub to reply on mail.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:37 AM   #39
Behslayer

Classic Recoil shift. Try putting a 3lb weight on the gun. Ofcourse you will not dive with that weight but it will show you the problem.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:44 AM   #40
vstante

Ok, I ll try that also on the weekend. Can You please explain how to do that? Putting some lead weights on the barrel? But that would really suprise me. Since I wasnt the only shooter when doing that test last time. And we both got almost identical results.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:04 AM   #41
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

My suggestion....go back to stock everything without the added bands on top. Then when loading, dont load on farthest aft tab. I think I was using the 3rd tab from rear. Even at that tab, there is plenty of power to take the biggest fish.

I had absolutely no recoil when I was shooting and had a blast doing it.

I did forget to mention that I did polish the surface of the shaft (with a dremel) where it contacted the mechanism.

I did purchase this mech:

https://benthicoceansports.com/colle...idelinerelease

But didnt have time to install before use. I plan on doing it in the future.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #42
vstante

Currently waiting for a new handle. But I think I found the reason for lame accuracy. Voth rollers were too stiff and tight, they were barely moving. I loosened them up and now they are spinning efortlessly. Will test that in the pool, hope the story ends here
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #43
Manavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstante View Post
Currently waiting for a new handle. But I think I found the reason for lame accuracy. Voth rollers were too stiff and tight, they were barely moving. I loosened them up and now they are spinning efortlessly. Will test that in the pool, hope the story ends here

That's awesome! Please give us an update on everything. I am most likely going to purchase the FKD3 115 Plus, and would love to hear if you are getting the 7.5m range Roisub claims. Want to know what the shaft drop is like when get past 6m and if penetrates 5-10cm of rigid foam like testers use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:56 PM   #44
spearq8

I might get one of these Roisub guns when I am in europe this summer ... design wise it looks like it works well. I do think there is too much going on with the line and I do worry about line tangles. But the design seems sound and from the videos the shaft seems to flying straight. I saw that they have a 130 gun ... I am guessing that is the most powerful? The gun looks like it is single action? Or is it just that you load the double action from top rather than flip the gun?
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #45
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

I brought one from the Danish dealer to a fellow spearo in Thailand some years ago but never got to shoot it myself.
But yes, it's a multistage gun, but the 'Shark' thingey - the wraparound wishbone holder - does indeed make it so that all the loading happens on the top.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote